Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

TR1 Project

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: TR1 Project

PostAuthor: faffi » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:32 pm

Knowing how hard it is to make fabric follow 3D shapes, I must say your work is highly impressive if this is your first try :GJ:
faffi
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: Relevant machines for this forum:
Current: 2001 XVS650 Drag Star Classic
Former: 1982 XV750SE with XV1100 engine and electrics, XT600Z shock absorber, 18" Seca rear wheel
Sex: Male

PostAuthor: trcart » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks, heat is the key and don't be afraid to pull and stretch the vinyl..got some side panels to cover so will add more pics...also have an issue regarding my carbs..i have amals carbs fitted (came with the bike) and I've managed to get some stock carbs (know you guys don't rate them , but must be an improvement on the amals) but the two pipes are missing, guess they fit to the two tubes that run down the side of the frame but are they just breather tubes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trcart
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1983 tr1

PostAuthor: nanno » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:42 pm

Well spotted, just simple breathers for the area above the diaphragm.

Btw.: What are you going to do with those Amals and the corresponding inlet rubbers? (I somehow doubt they are the same size as stock...)

Cheers,
Greg
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43227 - Nanno's accumulated findings (and blatant show-off) - infos on my TR1's, my performance and reliability mods and a bit of show-casing of the stainless steel exhausts I build

*Look to my profile for a link to my blog*
nanno
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1981 Yamaha TR1
1982 Yamaha TR1 Turbo
1977 XS 750 Sidecar
1984 XT500 4Valve (Austrian Tax saving edition)
1979 RD250/R5/DS7-hodgepodge (in bits)

PostAuthor: trcart » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:59 pm

not sure , ill see how well the stock carbs run... the bike does run ok on the amals, but they don't help with starting especially when cold having separate cokes..

trcart
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

PostAuthor: trcart » Sat May 01, 2021 5:40 am

So... fitted new jets etc and refitting diaphragms can be difficult without pinching them... this is how i do it...take a small piece of perspex and place over the top so you can see when the diaphragm is sat in its groove then apply some pressure for 5 to 10 mins, them remove and fit spring and cover...( if it does lift, apply a small amount of Vaseline into the groove with a cotton bud and retry)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trcart
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Previous

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha XV920R / TR1