Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Gen 2 misc trim

This forum is for requests and replies for free or substantially below market value parts. Got a rare part, that collecting dust, and you want to offer it to help out one of your buddies? This is the place. "A good deed never goes unpaid"
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Gen 2 misc trim

PostAuthor: landcrab » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Change in my lifestyle, cleaning out the un-necessary. Currently stuffed in box's and shoved in corners.

FED, not CA fuel tank with level sensor (1100) black sort of
XVS tank decals, 4
front and rear fenders, grey, fair shape, pretty sure all the grommets are there
rear fender, teal and cream, good shape again pretty sure about the grommets and front fender same color match with an ugly gash
OE luggage racks, 2, one nice and one freckled with rust stains
passenger backrest with pad
grab bar for no backrest
couple of original Yamaha no cushion pegs
complete final drive
I have what I think to be an OE accessory light bar. Perfect fit at bottom of triple tree. Only other one I ever saw was a picture of some dude named Marty on a curve near Ashville. PO told me his wife put my bike down at highway speeds somewhere in Montana. The lamps, bars and tank have been replaced but I still have to bind the forks on re-assembly and there is a slight tweek on the left lamp mount on this light bar. You should be able to reshape.
the boxes of mirrors/fasteners/lamp assy will wait until later because they don't take up much space.
I have watched the Virago parts availability dwindle and hate to throw anything out, but!

I am thinking, donate all sales income to maintain the site. Sale price must meet or exceed 10X shipping cost which I will pay. Seems to me that shipping outside North America, the cost may exceed the value but I am sure there can be some flex/moderation. Need a moderator... to let me know if this "pay it forward" can be done.
I will make pictures available as needed but no rushing and panic, I am an old man with few Geek skills and I still work 13 X 5.
Last edited by Jake on Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Yamaha Virago - items Wanted to Pay It Forward Virago
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
landcrab
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1995 XV1100
Sex: Male

Re: Gen 2 misc trim

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:46 pm

yep, it's starting to look like there actually will be a 'spring' (for spring cleaning?) this year, after the extended freeze ended [don't know how you 'further-north' folks survive the below-zero winters]
100 degree F, no sweat. :r: Zero degree F, no-way! :ops:

I hear ya'. I too am a bit digitally challenged, but uploading attachments to your posts aren't too difficult using the tab just below[left] the "submit" button.
for me it's easier if I save pic in a file on my device beforehand [<600 pixels size, please] here's a free, easy to use app to shrink if needed >>> http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
& you can "preview" before submit to see if it's how you want it.
also [FWIW] next pic stacks on top the previous one.

@landcrab, let me be certain I understand you correctly. you are selling some of your extras and want to donate the proceeds to the site?

if I have that right? --- then 1st thing ---> :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

next, maybe we should move topic to items for sale, vs wanted? [MODS --- I need your digital help. I don't want to accidently screw-up or delete this post]
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies --- whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not --- :fan:

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely ---> Semper Vigilans --- always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

“THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.
Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated”

Thomas Paine --- 1776 December 23

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

PostAuthor: Jake » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:13 pm

landcrab wrote: Need a moderator... to let me know if this "pay it forward" can be done.

Yes it can be done. I moved this to Pay it Forward.

~Mark Twain

Mustang saddle, Yamaha driving lights, Red rear signals, Forward Controls,
XVS650 manual petcock, Hard Krome Double D exhaust.
Jake
Mod
Mod

Location: Penn's Forestland otherwise known as Pennsylvania Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

PostAuthor: landcrab » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:44 am

Thanks for putting me in the right place because yes the site gets the profits. I just want to be rid of it and yet don't want to throw it away. I worry my treasure is another mans junk. I got the 600 pixel note and even though I am not certain how small a pixel is I should be able to handle that.
I feel for y'all in the Great republic, You are in the news too much lately. It has actually been a pretty warm winter here in my neck of the woods and not much sub-zero time. I moved from Cape Sarachef Ak. to Port Isabel Tx. and thought I had died and gone to hell. Just about the time I got accustomed to palm trees and sticky heat I got moved again. We are a fairly adaptable species.
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
landcrab
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1995 XV1100

PostAuthor: mark75 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:01 am

landcrab wrote: ...
I moved from Cape Sarachef Ak. to Port Isabel Tx. and thought I had died and gone to hell. Just about the time I got accustomed to palm trees and sticky heat I got moved again. We are a fairly adaptable species.

Yup.
being there can be (at times, IMO) like being in the infernal region,
sorta' like living in a sand-blowing sauna. Thankfully we only have 1 or 2 days a year like-that here [near Austin].

I like the heat, & humidity is ok, but it can suck when both are together at high levels. [although better that than -0 F and % humidity] :naughty:
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies --- whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not --- :fan:

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely ---> Semper Vigilans --- always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

“THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.
Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated”

Thomas Paine --- 1776 December 23

The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Pay It Forward Virago