Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

84 jet sizes

• Advertisement

Post a reply

84 jet sizes

PostAuthor: Avoidtheboyd » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:05 pm

What should the jet sizes on an 84 700 be? I had a shop build me a set of carbs from several that i had laying around and I don't think they have the right jets in them. Its my dads old bike and he said he ran slightly bigger jets to accommodate advance and hines exhaust. The jets a i took out of the carbs have 41 & 122 stamped on the back of them. I tried to search stock jet sizes but couldn't find what they should be stock, and how much they need to go up with an aftermarket exhaust. The bike will run and idle ok but one cylinder is a little harder to start and hesitates because i believe it is running too rich for it. After the cylinder starts to run better it will idle ok. However you can give it throttle but if you go too high the bike will just die out. One cylinder smokes a little and smells really rich when given throttle.

Avoidtheboyd
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 84 xv700
Sex: Male

Re: 84 jet sizes

PostAuthor: Jake » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:35 pm

700 jets.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you in trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
~Mark Twain

Forum Tutorials can be found here http://viragotechforum.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Forward Control Templates ( FREE ) http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=21556
Jake
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

Re: 84 jet sizes

PostAuthor: Avoidtheboyd » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Ok so should the jets be smaller or larger with an aftermarket exhaust? Like I said the bike runs really rich so with the jets being smaller than stock, could I assume that it's either the air fuel screws or the float levels?

Avoidtheboyd
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 84 xv700

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV700