Click Here

Front Cables - where?

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Front Cables - where?

PostAuthor: TheBeast » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:28 am

Hi folks
Looking for some help please.
I have just finished rebuilding forks on my 125 and also putting on a new light.
I have removed all the headlight brackets, and taken all the controls off the handlebars as I put on new bars.

I always take photos of things on my phone before I disassemble, so I can see how to put things back together, but I am having issues with my phone and cannot access the pics.

I really need to know where all the cables run and what brackets they fit in to please....
For example, the speedo cable, brake cable, main harness. I know there are brackets on the front mud guard and I see a insert on the old headlight protection bracket, but not entirely sure where everything runs.

If anyone can send me images of the front of the 125/250 showing where all the cables and wiring is located at the front of the bike I would REALLY appreciate the help. Cannot see any clear images online unfortunately.

Thanks very much.

TheBeast
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1997 XV125
Sex: Male

Re: Front Cables - where?

PostAuthor: mark75 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:56 pm

:bump:

generally speaking it is not a "major" thing, just find the spot where nothing binds while H.bars are at their extremes while in turning - left to right...

paying particular attention to brake & clutch cables.

not that many 250 folks here, and even fewer 125-ers. [xv125 pretty rare in US]
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV125