Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

1993 xv535 Virago having issues starting it

• Advertisement

Post a reply

1993 xv535 Virago having issues starting it

PostAuthor: baloneypete » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:27 pm

Started right up with no issues when I drove it around after buying it, tried again later and it started making a strange noise and then stopped, there's no noise at all when i'm tring to start it up, making sure its in neutral and i'm doing all the steps yet no luck

And FYI i'm pretty much a motorcycle noob and not very good with technical stuff, still learning to drive a bike, guy who sold it to me said to visit this forum if I'm having trouble with it
baloneypete
Brand New
Brand New

Bike year & model: 1993 xv535 virago
Sex: Male

Re: 1993 xv535 Virago having issues starting it

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:11 pm

baloneypete wrote:Started right up with no issues when I drove it around after buying it, tried again later and it started making a strange noise and then stopped, there's no noise at all when i'm tring to start it up, making sure its in neutral and i'm doing all the steps yet no luck

And FYI I'm pretty much a motorcycle noob and not very good with technical stuff, still learning to drive a bike, guy who sold it to me said to visit this forum if I'm having trouble with it

Sounds like the PO was expecting trouble! 535's have a bad habit of shearing the pins on the starter clutch. can you turn the engine over by hand? If this happens, the engine will be locked up.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamah ... ter-clutch
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province, and Country.
It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser,
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring
2007 Honda ST1300A
1987 Honda TLR200

Re: 1993 xv535 Virago having issues starting it

PostAuthor: nethopper214 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:34 pm

baloneypete wrote:Started right up with no issues when I drove it around after buying it, tried again later and it started making a strange noise and then stopped, there's no noise at all when i'm tring to start it up, making sure its in neutral and i'm doing all the steps yet no luck

And FYI i'm pretty much a motorcycle noob and not very good with technical stuff, still learning to drive a bike, guy who sold it to me said to visit this forum if I'm having trouble with it

This is most likely your problem:
Starter Stuck Engaged - How to Replace the Starter Clutch on a Motorcycle - Yamaha Virago xv535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-qMPvhQXb8
nethopper214
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 Virago 1100 Special

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV535