Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Carbs, noise, Shocks, Final drive gear

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: Carbs, noise, Shocks, Final drive gear

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Hellgate wrote:Yikes, 19%, and $50 shipping. Well that explains it.

It's weird. I order bicycle parts from the UK and shipping is free.

but is the quantities correct there? from number 1 to 7 ? if it's like that it comes cheaper...150 dollars..I might get rid of the tax...I think the limit is 150 dollars and more..
oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1994 xv535 virago
Sex: Male

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:13 am

Another thing happened today was as I was riding for 10 minutes it just went off..and then I started it again with no problem...Is that an effect from the carb working wrong or should I worry for something else?

There was no reason why it went off, I didn't do anything
oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 pm

OK, so today I'm 100% percent that the noise and all the issues come from the carbs and the intake manifolds...

the motrocycle started working at very high rpm's without a warning and the noise got a lot more often and louder...so for sure it sucks air from the manifolds and also fuel is dripping from one carb..
oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Any clue what is that needle for? The one I pointed with the black arrow? I'm doing the rebuilt of the carburetors and the previous needle has been stacked and it doesn't come out..It's head has been destroyed so It's not possible to get it out. So, my question is, is it so important? what is it's purpose?

oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 am

anyone? It's kind of emergency since I have the carbs out and in parts and I need to close them .. :ops:
oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 am

OK. finished the recondition of the carbs, changed the intake manifolds. everything OK. did a rejet/calibration of the carbs. but still is doing mini explodes in the inside...

They told me its either two things...

one: Something is wrong with the carbs (we didn't assemble all the needles and stuff correct)

two: the valves have an issue. Broken? adjustment? - I did that two months ago..
oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:17 am

oikopedo wrote:Any clue what is that needle for? The one I pointed with the black arrow? I'm doing the rebuilt of the carburetors and the previous needle has been stacked and it doesn't come out..It's head has been destroyed so It's not possible to get it out. So, my question is, is it so important? what is it's purpose?

What's the screw for? Mixture screw..Is it important?..absolutely. Controls fuel mixture at idle and transitions from idle to the point where yer needle comes into play. You'll never get the bike running right, unless you can adjust this.

oikopedo wrote:They told me its either two things...

There's probly a third: That's not a carb kit for the 535..and not surprising there's still running problems if all the parts were not replaced and/or replaced with parts from a different carb kit.
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: oikopedo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 am

Flyingdog wrote:
oikopedo wrote:Any clue what is that needle for? The one I pointed with the black arrow? I'm doing the rebuilt of the carburetors and the previous needle has been stacked and it doesn't come out..It's head has been destroyed so It's not possible to get it out. So, my question is, is it so important? what is it's purpose?

What's the screw for? Mixture screw..Is it important?..absolutely. Controls fuel mixture at idle and transitions from idle to the point where yer needle comes into play. You'll never get the bike running right, unless you can adjust this.

oikopedo wrote:They told me its either two things...

There's probly a third: That's not a carb kit for the 535..and not surprising there's still running problems if all the parts were not replaced and/or replaced with parts from a different carb kit.

OK. So a little update through the weekend...Finnaly after we experiment with a friend on the motorcycle I decided to take it to a real mechanic. He took out the carbs again and found out that that we had some mistakes assembling the carbs, he also adjust all the valves again and found out that even that the coils were connected the one was giving less power than it should, so he fixed that too..

When I received the motorcycle back it was like I was riding it for the first time, it's power is much much more, it went up to 95 miles speed quite easy. and it's running perfect
oikopedo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 am

Good Deal...
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership