Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Engine swaps ?

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Engine swaps ?

PostAuthor: TiT1981 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:08 am

Not sure if this is somewhere else on here but What engines series will fit ?

The bikes a 91 j plate uk modle 2yl frame would a lump from a 2000 casing markings say j601e bike fit as the lump that was in it seems to be a bit off this bit off another eye balling it there don’t seem to be anything that screams to me no it won’t but thought I get other opinions

TiT1981
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: Xv535 2yl-
The Flying Ferret
Sex: Male

Re: Engine swaps ?

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:01 am

the frame p/n are the same except for some detail 1990 --- 3JC-211110-00-33 ---> https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam ... ab18/frame

vs 2000 p/n -- 3JC-21110-10-33 ---> https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam ... e75e/frame

which means it is probably the same frame with a slight factory 'tweek', but some modification was done ---> viewtopic.php?f=75&t=28179

the change was between 1993 and 1994 models ... :con:
New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.
TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV535