Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

VTF Admins and Coders

The forum of thankless praise is just how it sounds.
This is where you praise those who have helped you without expecting thanks in return.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

VTF Admins and Coders

PostAuthor: gleam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Don't think I haven't noticed. Since a long-ish downtime recently the whole site runs a lot better, and I for one appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Did you guys get better hardware?

For me personally, not having to wait two minutes between checking 'New Posts' and 'View your posts' is a major. I check those things several times a day and it just works much better now. The back end of keeping sites like this up and running is a lot of work that usually goes unnoticed and unacknowledged so I wanted to take a second to let you know the improvements are noticable and appreciated.
1992 XV750
gleam
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1992 XV750 (wrecked)
Sex: Male

Re: VTF Admins and Coders

PostAuthor: Oregondan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:02 pm

:GJ: :thanks: :GJ: :thanks: :GJ: :thanks: :bg: :bg: :yup:

:drinks: :hail: :rockon:

:smoke: :tf: :tff: :smoke:
Oregondan
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 xv750 virago(Barbra) bully bike

Re: VTF Admins and Coders

PostAuthor: ms8238 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:23 am

its not all roses, had to make 97% of the site members only, [ though membership is free ] and the blocking the aggressive search engine that spiders 24/7

Its not all an upside, to open the site up fully to the public like Id prefer, our bills would have to double+ a little more. which would mean needing to raise more money , more often, or charge members fee to use options.

but my goal was to never require a fee, or have 999 add banners on the site. [ ya know half will be penis pills ] but were near the point of being so large beyond the point of my ability to fund it to that next level.

the little add money we did make using viglink is 1/4 of what it was with the site open. So those non members are important to the site.
ms8238
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 XV750

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Thankless praise