Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Everyone Here

The forum of thankless praise is just how it sounds.
This is where you praise those who have helped you without expecting thanks in return.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Everyone Here

PostAuthor: rchawaii » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:05 pm

I wanted to take a minute while I'm here and just Thank everyone here. All of the Owners/Admins, the moderators, and all of the members.

I've had my 1983 Virago 500 now since about 2014. It has not been titled but I have spent all of this time with life (you know, work, etc). I am now just at the point I can get a legal title on the bike. (The title issue is a mess here in N.C.) And while that is obviously important, I'm more thankful than you all know for the help advice and knowledge that is always shared here.

From finding out how to synch carbs, to finding very difficult to find parts (those petcocks for the 500 and parts, coil covers, air box filter, etc)

Because of this platform, I've spent more than the bike is worth, but I was not willing to scrap it. I've probably purchased enough parts to build one minus engine and wiring harness and my bike doesn't even look new. But thanks to you all, I have new headlight, bucket, headlight stay, headlight, brake master cylinder, seat, petcock parts and even an extra petcock now, coil covers, handlebar covers, new ignition and so much more.

I enjoy the time and product and what really helps me sometimes (as a combat Marine Veteran) is to just sit and do mind numbing work on the bike in my building away form the world.

Thanks again and I look forward to the day its titled and on the road again.

keep the rubber on the road everyone!! :thanks: :rockon: :drinks: :chop:
My Ride is a 1983 XV 500 :usa:
rchawaii
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1983 Yamaha Virago XV500
Sex: Male

Re: Everyone Here

PostAuthor: extremeodd » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Not sure what the exact situation with your title is but if you're dealing with a lost title, there is a trick where you register the titleless bike in Vermont and then transfer the Vermont registration to your local DMV where they will issue you a new title.

Here is a blog post describing the process in a bit more detail. It's an older guide but it still works great, if you Google "vermont motorcycle title trick" you'll find a ton of information about it.
http://www.chinonthetank.com/2014/04/ge ... istration/

extremeodd
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1981 xv750 virago purchased for $70

Re: Everyone Here

PostAuthor: rchawaii » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Thank You extremeodd. I have saved that info before. I didn't do it because I was unsure that is a legitimate way to go for North Carolina. For example, our laws, Im not sure if that would work. I have however contacted them at the vermont link.

Since then I have acquired the original Title number and even the previous owners name from Virginia, so I am still working on that.

If anyone has used the Vermont method, Id love to chat with them so Im not chasing two methods. ;)
My Ride is a 1983 XV 500 :usa:
rchawaii
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1983 Yamaha Virago XV500

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Thankless praise