Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

blanking air outlets at cylinder heads ais removal

Virago Help Tech and user submitted articles.
  • Advertisement

Topic locked

blanking air outlets at cylinder heads ais removal

PostAuthor: tubz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:25 am

Just want to say....When removing ais system and it comes to blanking off air outlet pipes at the cylinder heads (by exhaust on the heads). Most advise 1/2 inch plumbing pipe blanking caps and band clips to keep them on.....Well there is a better alternative, and that is.....12mm compression plumbing end caps .....This consists of a small 12mm olive contained within a hex 19mm body and an end cap, threaded with a 18mm hex hollow bolt. The idea is as you tighten the bolt on to the hex body it compresses the olive to clamp very firmly on the 12mm chrome pipe coming from the head.....1 remove the chrome air pipes...2 remove the copper sealing tube off the outlet pipe...This leaves you with the chrome out let pipe...Its 12mm round deab size...clean it up with a bit of wire wool...Put the assembled(but un tightened) compression cap on the chrome pipe....Hold the body firm with a 19mm open end spanner...tighten the cap with an 18mm ring spanner or socket....tighten until it starts to squeak ...then 1/2 a turn more...job done... totally sealed...no band clip required...very neat and tidy...
The old cat on the roof, he can stand a little push, he has 9 more lives to live....it will shine when it shines, you might think i'm wasting time but i'm just a good old boy who,s learned to wait.....

tubz
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: yamaha xv1100 virago special edition 1999
Sex: Male

Re: blanking air outlets at cylinder heads ais removal

PostAuthor: tubz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm

here is a pic ...compression end cap fitted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The old cat on the roof, he can stand a little push, he has 9 more lives to live....it will shine when it shines, you might think i'm wasting time but i'm just a good old boy who,s learned to wait.....

tubz
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: yamaha xv1100 virago special edition 1999
Sex: Male

Topic locked

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help - Tech Articles