Click Here

Exhaust T link

Cut it, Bend it, Weld it, Pack it.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Exhaust T link

PostAuthor: tigerjacopo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:30 am

Hi folks,
i m looking for a Tee connection link to re use original collectors but a new single muffler . .. any idea? i find only complete exhaust systems but i cannot homologate the bike.. (our F'in law says that i can change the fork but not the collector.. i can change only the silencer..wtf!)
Last edited by Jake on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Virago Help - Choppers Customs Café to Motorcycle Pipe Works Exhaust Shop

tigerjacopo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1984 xv750
Sex: Male

Re: Exhaust T link

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:57 am

If you are speaking of stock exhaust and modifying same to a single, the only way is to fabricate something. Check out a welding shop. But then it may not pass state inspection. My suggestion would to be either to replace the entire exhaust system with aftermarket, if that is allowed, or keep the stock as it is.
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province, and Country.
It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser,
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring
2007 Honda ST1300A
1987 Honda TLR200

Re: Exhaust T link

PostAuthor: mark75 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:05 pm

:yup:
man, that's messed up. makes ya' want to ignore that law.
that law is ridiculously cumbersome, sorta like requiring a 'factory' replacement part on your Write Bros airplane ... (if you get my meaning)
>>>> https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam ... 51/exhaust

might argue that the 'collector' is part of the muffler??
or play semantics with 'em and say it doesn't have a "collector" only a resonator??

if you want 2into1, you'll want (need) an entire new system anyways. :con:

Bonne chance.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Motorcycle Pipe Works Exhaust Shop