Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Plasti Dip for maximum effect

Rattle can jobs done outside to pro equipment in down draft booths.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Plasti Dip for maximum effect

PostAuthor: brentchaput » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Finally ready to show off my Black Mamba Virago here! A 98 1100 special, finished plasti dipping my bike last week instead of doing a vinyl wrap. Easy on and easy off, getting a quote at getting the tank professionally painted flat black right now so I don't have to deal with gas spillages ruining the dip.

A bit of history and what's been done -
I bought the bike with 19 or 20,000 miles for around $2,000 a few years ago, came with aftermarket pipes of an unknown variety and a mustang seat, but I never had enough to really fix it up. A promotion and pay raise later I bought a new car last year and in March I uncovered this again.. Did an exhaust wrap, plasti dip paint with a satin clear coat on top of it. Found a set of chrome rotor covers on Ebay for $90'ish, found a set of crash bars for about 80 and a cheap set of clamp on pegs. Bought a set of chrome side covers and grommets since they were missing when I bought it. And did a fluid, filter, brake,tire change. And then went through the wiring harness chasing down a bunch of loose crimp connections and fixing them up. I'm still contemplating getting the engine painted black but I think it looks pretty good for now, maybe a winter project so I don't lose riding time! And still looking for a short grab bar on the back, took off the sissy bar pad but want to get rid of that tall bar altogether. Here's the Black Mamba before and after, my 98 Virago 1100 Special -
Before

After

brentchaput
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 98 Virago 1110 Special
Sex: Male

Re: Plasti Dip for maximum effect

PostAuthor: TheRatBastard » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Looks sharp dude. :cl: Kudos!
1985 XV1000 Gold :chop: "The Rat Bastard"
Bobbed, Custom Rear Fender,