Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Cusstout's Chopper

Chop it, rake it, slam it, build it for show.
New parts, old parts, built from scrap. [Hammered out of bare stock & welded with sweat.]
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: Cusstout's Chopper

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:36 am

:GJ:

Cusstout 1100 wrote: Wife was away, so the first two bakes/cools took place in her kitchen oven :;: .

Oooh...that'll give the next batch of cookies that down-home-earthy aroma. Just smile and say: Scrumptious :bg: .. :xmas:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago
Sex: Male

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:30 am

Anything new & exciting going on with yer chopper? Did Santa come thru with yer upholstery?..Man-0-Man..that fella is quite the "jack of all trades". :;:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: Cusstout 1100 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:37 pm

Yep, the jolly fat guy came through. :bg: There was a nicely wrapped box about 5" square and 5' long under the tree. Inside it was 2 yards of black 2-way stretch upholstery material and a large spool of red thread from Sailrite. I had written out all the specs, description, item numbers etc. of my "research" from their website and left it out where it could easily be seen (hint, hint...). I'd stumbled across their website when looking for info on "upholstering motorcycle seats", or some such wording; they popped up because they have a very good You Tube tutorial video on the subject. Actually, they have two videos, one with pleats on a simple seat, the other is a more complicated plain cover. Of course touting their product lines, but worth checking out if anyone is interested in building their own, or re-upholstering an OEM seat. Because I don't have a source for that type of product(s) locally, and because we like to "one stop shop" when we have to pay freight, they got the order. Just a comment on their website: they have an excellent selection of materials, and recommend thread type and size for the material and compatible with home sewing machines. All helpful info for a guy like me who knows nothing, or very little on the subject. I think their prices are reasonable/ competitive.

So now the crash course in sewing begins. :ops:

Oh yeah, and another small package under the tree from youngest daughter, turned out to be a "Guardian Bell" with the Canadian flag on it. Perfect for Cap'n Canuck. (Maybe it's the superstitious nature of our Scottish/Irish heritage, but we have them on all our bikes....)
My Ride, '97 XV1100, +14, 10" over forks, progressive rear, Jardine forward controls, cobra slip-ons, K&N Filter, Dyno Jet Stage 1, Kuryakin grips, heat demon heaters, custom fabricated seat, chrome side covers, bullet signals, risers, custom modified rear fender with modified FZ1 tail light, sectioned and reversed front fender, custom paint...

Cusstout 1100
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1997 xv1100 Virago
1987 xv535 Virago
1985 xv1000 Virago

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:06 am

Cusstout 1100 wrote: I had written out all the specs, description, item numbers etc. of my "research" from their website and left it out where it could easily be seen (hint, hint...).

:GJ: ..same tactics Ralphie used to get his Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle. :bg:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

1981 xv750 Virago

Previous

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help - Choppers Customs Café