Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Clutch push rod

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Clutch push rod

PostAuthor: redwine » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Hello all long time lurker--first time poster, while replacing clutch plates,push rod ball goes missing - could it have got in the transmission--as I now have a very loud grinding whine when I started the engine What to do now??? Thanks for any help with this problem

redwine
Brand New
Brand New

Bike year & model: 2010 xv 250
Sex: Male

Re: Clutch push rod

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Howdy, welcome to VTF.

sadly I have no hands-on with xv250, but I would drain the oil and look for any swarf in it. maybe pull the side cases and have a look-see.

you need to find out where the new noise is coming from, to see if it's a fatal indication.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely
Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am

I'm with Mark on this one. No hands-on with the 250, but I know of no ball around a pushrod. My guess about why it's making noise would lean towards the clutch pack didn't get put back in the right. There is a certain way, both the steel and fiber discs have to face. If you really think something fell inside, I could only think of using an expandable magnet to fish around for anything.
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: mark75 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 pm

yep, microfiche shows a "ball" [#30] should be in-line >>> https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam ... bf9/clutch

apparatus criticus - jmo: seems engineers having a small, single, piece like that would invite trouble down-the-line. :con:
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely
Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 pm

:VTF:
mark75 wrote:yep, microfiche shows a "ball"

oops..nevermind :;:

mark75 wrote:seems engineers having a small, single, piece like that would invite trouble down-the-line. :con:

No Doubt!
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV250