Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

25 mph top speed

• Advertisement

Post a reply

25 mph top speed

PostAuthor: Nutbag01 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:12 am

Man,I really wish you had a solution to this.I just got a 2007 Virago 250 and have a very similar problem.Loud ticking coming from rear cylinder and absolutely zero power.....25mph top speed.Plug in rear is fouled something terrible....front one perfect.Rear cylinder very hot compared to front.She starts fine,little choke but can shut off after a couple of minutes.Battery reads good Volts before,starting and after.It only has 3100 miles,but owner said it sat for a quite a while.Tank is spotless clean inside and she idles great....bit of a surge in revs after I give it throttle and release.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from a 3 yr old thread to new topic and thread

Nutbag01
Brand New
Brand New

Flag
Bike year & model: 2007 Virago 250
Sex: Male

Re: 25 mph top speed

PostAuthor: mark75 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 am

Howdy.

Welcome to VTF.

check/adjust the valve lash

are both sparks similar = fat blue?
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.

TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions...
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: Nutbag01 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 am

Adjusted valves.....made no difference.Spark on both is good.Bought the bike to learn more about motorcycles.....going to tear the thing apart and rebuild.Maybe learn something along the way.Thanks for replying.

Nutbag01
Brand New
Brand New

Flag
Bike year & model: 2007 Virago 250

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 am

Nutbag01 wrote: sat for a quite a while....bit of a surge in revs after I give it throttle and release.

Sounds like carbs searching for fuel. Could also be getting to much. Hard to tell at this point. But getting the carbs to function is usually the first step in surge problems, as you may know. Why gawd invented manuals. :bg:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV250