Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

motorcycle chains

Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, HD, Other. 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, wheels. Off road or street. Air, sea or land. Hyper dimensional transport.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

motorcycle chains

PostAuthor: eslmatt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:16 am

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-665264718.35.45702861LvZnYK&id=42523589126

I have seen them online, like these in the link. But until today I have never seen one on a bike on the road. However, the ice is being cleared much faster now than it had been when I first moved here 10 years ago. I would have taken a picture, but It is too cold to use my smartphone camera without a glove on... and you know he was riding so not much time to get the phone out.

currently around -15c during the day.
1984 VX750 Japanese special - stolen - RECOVERED
build thread -> http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=58187&sid=e4ab82933609aa211c1efb06cf000508

2010 Jailing 110 customized

When asking how, also tell me why.

eslmatt
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1986+ xv750 Japanese special
Sex: Male

Re: motorcycle chains

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:41 pm

I've only seen them in photos - ice racing, hill climbs - I suppose most folks differ from 2 wheels during times when tire chains might be required.

or insert spikes/studs into knobbies?
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.

TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions...
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Gen Motorcycle / Other then a Virago