Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Don't speed and don't use a loud pipe, or

Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, HD, Other. 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, wheels. Off road or street. Air, sea or land. Hyper dimensional transport.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Don't speed and don't use a loud pipe, or

PostAuthor: faffi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:10 pm

- the devil will come after you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epg8PdacggY
faffi
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 XV750SE with XV1100 engine, XT600Z shock absorber, 18" Seca rear wheel
Sex: Male

Re: Don't speed and don't use a loud pipe, or

PostAuthor: mark75 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 pm

thought stuff like that happened only in the US.

guess insanity is all over the world.
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun :yahoo: ... or not ... :fan: ---
--- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely :bike:

"I hear and I forget,
I see and I remember,
I do and I understand."
... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: rantingsmith » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:29 am

I was sitting in the car talking with my wife at the local supermarket yesterday when someone started up a HD about 5-6 cars away.

It was so loud I could not hear anything else.

I felt like (felt not did or would!) going over and kicking him in the nuts. :twack:

And before anybody posts any 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' nonsense, this was so loud it was disorientating, you could not hear possibly the other traffic, cars, sirens or horns over the top of the infernal noise.

I am in my mid-forties, have good hearing and am used to working in noisy industrial environments and this was too loud, by far, at a guess well over 120db. I dread to think what it does to an easily confused elderly driver, especially coming up behind them in traffic. Probably end up putting their car in the ditch or worse driving through a stop into a busy junction because the noise was mind numbing..

Now I also happen to live right on a nice fast straight along a nice riding route and we do get a lot of bikes on sunny days and weekends but you won't catch me out there with a pitchfork. Went out there once and videoed a guy after his 8th high speed pass (guesstimate 100mph+) in a row (there is a roundabout about 1 mile in either direction) and I do wear a police style hi-vis vest whenever I work in our front garden or cut the hedge which makes a lot of people put on the brakes..

:2cents:

Cheers,

Rant.
The Flying Anvil XV750SE '82 - Custom rear subframe, Bar end mirrors, New indicators, New tail light, 18" rear wheel conversion, KOSO speedo, lithium battery, custom wiring harness, clipons, modified SR500 rearsets, Lucas replica switchgear, K&N air filter, many parts powdercoated
XV920 '81- Watsonian Monaco sidecar tug project-work in progress - top end rebuild time
TR1.1 '81 Basket case project - Work in progress - Sepp Koch style frame chop plus refinement, XVS1100 jugs piston crankshaft conversion, nanno's 9 plate clutch conversion, BMW r850r rear shock, spoke wheels XS650 front & rear, twin 320mm discs with Yamaha Blue spot calipers, XT500 tank, twin Webber carbs, home built exhaust (hopefully) seat and subframe, footrest hangers...
rantingsmith
Gold Membership
Gold Membership

Bike year & model: 1982 XV750SE UK Model - The Flying Anvil - awaiting better weather

1981 XV920 - sidecar tug project bike - Watsonian Monaco sidecar to be fitted

1981 TR1 - Basket case project - bought completely dismantled and teaching me mechanics 101

PostAuthor: Hellgate » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:24 am

I've always considered a loud thumper one of the most obnoxious sounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Pete
'12 Tuono V4R APRC
'05 R6 Track Bike
'88 RD350 YPVS
'82 XV920RJ
Hellgate
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: '82 XV920R

PostAuthor: beltdrive » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:34 am

Be careful out there

All kinds of people lives out there, and some of them will do things you would not believe.

Now doing extreme speeds is not a good idea to start with, road conditions has to be very good and you have to have an excellent view several miles ahead.

Now loud pipe can be to loud, you need to be able to hear traffic sirens and other traffic or your bikes engine noises.

I myself like the Triumph Bonneville sound and level, and think that if gets to much louder, people will get annoyed, and you will end up with to many dislikes and yes, somebody might end up doing something, foolish, specially if they live close to a twisted road, where to many bikes and riding to crazy, and almost every evening, have their own road race, just like the tour de france bicycle racers, use the road for racing.

Take care - thanks from Erik
1981 XV 1000 Beltdrive Special - Happy wrench time, thanks everybody, I enjoy this community, hi from Erik
beltdrive
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Location: Denmark NE - former Canadian-Calgary - MARADAtech - Hotel Brinkly - gterik@gmail.com Flag
Bike year & model: 1981 XV 1000 Beltdrive Special, 1982 Yamaha XV920 Virago 10L

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Gen Motorcycle / Other then a Virago