Click Here

filler cap assembly

Technical Virago Help Topics
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

filler cap assembly

PostAuthor: swalesy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Please help
I am restoring a xv750 and sent my fuel filler cap to the paint shop for powder coating.
came back dissasembled, could some person please tell me where the single ball bearing fits have worked out the rest I Think
Chris Swales
swalesy
Brand New
Brand New

Bike year & model: 1985 xv750
Sex: Male

Re: filler cap assembly

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Welcome to VTF.
it's been a long, long time (>15 y) since I was last inside an XV fuel cap, and sadly don't remember the intimate inner details, so I am not much help there.

let me encourage you to add your general location to your signature, there are minute differences in some models in some locations which will help us help you,
i.e. 1984 to 1987 Virago was 700cc in USA (rest of the world could get 750)

you will need to know which Generation yours is because there are significant differences in the furniture/body-works in Gens.

Gen-I = 1981 to 1983 was a mono - rear shock only, with different (from Gen-II) sheet-metal, seat, lights, etc.

Gen-II = 1984 to 1999 had dual rear shocks, a 'more-tear-drop' shaped tank, etc.

bad news - most bodywork parts/stuff wont plug-n-play interchange between Gens (G-I to G-II)

good news - most parts of same generation will plug-n-play between models 750-920-1000-1100 etc.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help "Tech"