VTF Google Search
 Click Here

TIMEING?

Technical Virago Help Topics
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

TIMEING?

PostAuthor: Tiffee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 pm

I was having starter issues got all of that fixed and replaced the Woodruff key when I doing it I turned the motor over some to realign everything now I got it all reinstalled and the motor turns over it's got gas and it's got fire but not starting

Tiffee
Brand New
Brand New

Flag
Bike year & model: 95 virago xv250
Sex: Male

Please help

PostAuthor: Tiffee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm

I busted my woodruff ker I removed and replaced it now.not starting I am getting fuel and fire I think I through the timing off when I turn the motor over to line the key up

Tiffee
Brand New
Brand New

Flag

Re: TIMEING?

PostAuthor: Jake » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:08 pm

I merged both threads onto one, as both cover the same problem.

You only need to post your problem once, multiple threads in different areas will not get you faster, better or more answers.

Someone will be along to answer, if you don’t get an answer in a reasonable amount of time, simply reply to you own post with “bump.
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you in trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
~Mark Twain

http://viragotechforum.com/ucp.php?mode=register&sid=53c81dc9990e104d6e53c3dfae637de5
Jake
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

PostAuthor: Tiffee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Tiffee wrote:I was having starter issues got all of that fixed and replaced the Woodruff key when I doing it I turned the motor over some to realign everything now I got it all reinstalled and the motor turns over it's got gas and it's got fire but not starting

Bump

Tiffee
Brand New
Brand New

Flag

PostAuthor: mark75 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm

two more posts and the site will allow full access - D/L, U/L, PM, etc

try here for pdf 125 & 250 service manual. I think the links are still active ---> viewtopic.php?f=88&t=30767
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun :yahoo: ... or not ... :fan: ---
--- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely :bike:

"I hear and I forget,
I see and I remember,
I do and I understand."
... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:49 pm

You should check the cam timing. If you are talking about the woodruf key on the flywheel, I think the flywheel will only go on one way, Did you remove the timing gear behind it?
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province and Country. It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help "Tech"