Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

The Ebb and Flow of Marriage

• Advertisement

Post a reply

The Ebb and Flow of Marriage

PostAuthor: chrismalm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:46 pm

I consider myself to be very lucky. I have a wife who loves me and will never exile me to an old folk's home. With that understanding out of the way, I find that I must accommodate and accept certain of her characteristics in order to maintain peace and harmony in our humble home. One concept I have had to adopt is that things that I previously considered relatively permanent, like luggage, coolers, blue ice, extension cords, kitchen and dining utensils, etc... are actually only temporary.
I first witnessed this phenomenon at my sister-in-law's house when my wife "grocery shopped" her sister's refrigerator and pantry before leaving. Apparently this is common in my wife's family and they participate in the free exchange of property among relatives. I have since learned not to expect things to be where I left them and to replenish popular items regularly. Thank Goodness for Harbor Freight keeping a constant flow of free scissors and flashlights into our house or we would soon be unable to wrap a package or walk our dog at night. Thank my mother for her extensive and redundant inventory of kitchen items when she still lived at home. Who would think they would have to drive to borrow a potato masher 1/2 hour before guests arrived for dinner ? Tablespoons ? That compartment is overflowing with a variety of unfamiliar designs. Teaspoons ? One left. Containers ? Never the same container and lid available from need to need.

Maybe I was heading down the road to OCD, but I used to stack and store cups, plates and containers according to their similarity. Now it's just whatever space is available gets occupied. I am ok with that now. I guess entropy is the ending state of all matter in nature. At least she agrees to keep my work area off limits.
Cheers !
Chris Malm
chrismalm
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 XZ550H
1982 XZ550H (project)
1982 XV750 (project)
1982 XV920 (project)
Sex: Male

Re: The Ebb and Flow of Marriage

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Are you bikes secure? And...does your garage (or where ever you work) lock from the inside?
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: chrismalm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:35 pm

We used to have a common shelf for waxes, cleaners and polishes. It was on the opposite side of the garage from the door and one would have to traverse between my car & motorcycle to get there. After a few scratches and a broken lense, I gave her her own shelf by the door. My work area is lockable. Whenever I have a painted item drying or epoxy setting, it goes in the locked work area. In all fairness, she is a super hard worker, she does all the cooking, and if she has to work late (often) she makes sure I have dinner in the fridge.
Chris Malm
chrismalm
Mod
Mod

1982 XZ550H (project)
1982 XV750 (project)
1982 XV920 (project)

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:22 pm

chrismalm wrote: I gave her her own shelf by the door. My work area is lockable.

:GJ:

Sound like a marriage made on earth.
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: mark75 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:45 pm

ditto.

It's one of those 'little' things you compromise on when you love someone and want to keep them around.

maybe it's a "mars" vs "venus" thing, or right brain vs left brain, :con: but my wife of 45 years has always done pretty much the same thing.

if she uses one of my tools, where ever she finishes with it is where it gets left, so I must follow her around when she's finished her project to collect them or never see them again.

It drove me nuts at first, but when I realized how wonderful she is doing all the other things she does, and hardly ever complaining --- well you just gotta forget the small stuff.

never could get her to ride pillion with me, tho ...
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.

TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions...
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: faffi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:30 pm

We've been married for 30 years, and other than some mood swings I still cannot foresee, plus general high very consumption (I honestly believe married sex cost more than prostitutes, but well worth it not having to touch a prostitute :bg: ) I have nothing to complain about. Also very happy that our relationship improves for each year, although it doesn't come free; it takes real effort. And money :;:
faffi
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 XV750SE with XV1100 engine, XT600Z shock absorber, 18" Seca rear wheel

PostAuthor: Hellgate » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Do you have any idea how many bikes I could have bought for the cost of my two marriages?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Pete
'12 Tuono V4R APRC
'05 R6 Track Bike
'88 RD350 YPVS
'82 XV920RJ
Hellgate
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: '82 XV920R

PostAuthor: chrismalm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 pm

"Marriage is Grand"
"Divorce is 100 Grand" :olcoot:
Chris Malm
chrismalm
Mod
Mod

1982 XZ550H (project)
1982 XV750 (project)
1982 XV920 (project)

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:47 am

faffi wrote:it takes real effort. And money :;:

:bg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGYYDvZnpg :bg:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: faffi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:13 pm

:hearye: :clap:
faffi
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 XV750SE with XV1100 engine, XT600Z shock absorber, 18" Seca rear wheel

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Uncategorized