VTF Google Search
 Click Here

QUICK FIX IDEAS FOR A SNAPPED "COVER,CYLINDER HEAD 2" bung

General Virago Help Topics
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

QUICK FIX IDEAS FOR A SNAPPED "COVER,CYLINDER HEAD 2" bung

PostAuthor: kyledog2929 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi, I have a 94 yamaha xv750 , my problem is i friggin snapped the "cover,cylinder head 2" screw bung thinking this would rotate my crank, not knowing this simply screws out and the shaft locking nut is exposed behind it to turn the crank!! QUESTION IS; are there any relative compatible hardware items viable to use for a quick get me by to plug that threaded hole up with the o ring? all the dealerships around me have none available on hand!!!! even thouigh their friggin compatible with a wide variety of the exact model by many different years!! gonna be down a week to special order this lil devil. ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
1994 xv750 virago, Love rollin er

kyledog2929
Brand New
Brand New

Bike year & model: 1994 xv750 virago
Sex: Male

Re: QUICK FIX IDEAS FOR A SNAPPED "COVER,CYLINDER HEAD 2" bu

PostAuthor: Cusstout 1100 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Try sticking it back together with JB Weld or some such epoxy type adhesive, then re-use it ; just don't over-tighten it?
My Ride, '97 XV1100, +14, 10" over forks, progressive rear, Jardine forward controls, cobra slip-ons, K&N Filter, Dyno Jet Stage 1, Kuryakin grips, heat demon heaters, custom fabricated seat, chrome side covers, bullet signals, risers, custom modified rear fender with modified FZ1 tail light, sectioned and reversed front fender, custom paint...

Cusstout 1100
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1997 xv1100 Virago
1987 xv535 Virago
1985 xv1000 Virago

Re: QUICK FIX IDEAS FOR A SNAPPED "COVER,CYLINDER HEAD 2" bu

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:15 pm

here's a list of where that cover [1L9-11186-00] was used ---> https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/parts ... 1186-00-00

appears to be used later on ATV engine valve adj. cover. but as suggested you maybe could JB weld it back together if time is a premium.
I did that with first one of mine (XV) and would have used it but new one arrived before installation.

that big, embossed arrow will throw anyone not-familiar-with-it off.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help "Gen"