sidestand, kick stand

General Virago Help Topics
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

sidestand, kick stand

PostAuthor: grumpy macknutt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Hiyall,
1996 Yamaha Virago 535.
Does anyone know the correct length for the side stand, or as you call it kickstand, for the above model, the one fitted when I bought her is , I think, far, far too short, ( 13 1/2 inches from middle of bolt , to tip of foot) I have had to put a 3" high pad on the bottom of the stand to stop the thing falling over,it puts the bike at a ridiculous angle. has anyone got a similar model, and year, can you measure it for me please and let me know,, has anyone had similar trouble ??

grumpy macknutt
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1996 Yamaha Virago 535
Sex: Male

Re: sidestand, kick stand

PostAuthor: mark75 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I don't have a 535; however, there have been previous posts of folks having a similar issue for various models.

ditto with my '86 - 700. I drilled a hole in the "foot-pad" and used a (1" I/D?) rubber-cane-tip on it which gave it an about perfect lean for me.

oops. doh!
Edit: to clarify what I did --- cut to desired length [~2 - 2.5"] & appropriate diameter wood shaft [old broom handle IIRC] and drilled lengthwise center hole to mount to stand 'foot-pad'.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 am

Guess all the 535 owners left town. Here, this may solve your problem--> https://www.ebay.com/b/Motorcycle-Side- ... 7065919463
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: Quentin1986 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:10 pm

I have the same issue with my new (to me) 400, the side stand seems far too short, it's also a lot shinier so I wonder if it's an aftermarket part.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

Quentin1986
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1987 Virago XV400

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help "Gen"