VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Ap63 question

General Virago Help Topics
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Ap63 question

PostAuthor: minitruth1984 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm

So i ordered some ap63s i was doing some searching here and read about the whole resistor in the wire thing. I saw some people say in a thread that they just replaced their wires does anyone know what wires will work? I saw that you can just put part of a nail in but i would much rather buy wires. Thanks for the help.

minitruth1984
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 xv920
Sex: Male

Re: Ap63 question

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:04 pm

see this ---> https://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7049

I used 7mm cable from Accel. 8mm should work also.

solid copper core is best [IMO] but newer "graphite/ferrite" versions will work.

go to your local auto parts store or tractor supply, they usually have spark-plug cable available on bulk rolls
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun :yahoo: ... or not ... :fan:
And ---
Any day above ground is a good day. so Laissez les bon temps roulez ...
just roll safely

"I hear and I forget,
I see and I remember,
I do and I understand."
... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: minitruth1984 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Ok awesome the only thing that is throwing me off is the cable ends if i bought an accel universal kit it will come with the correct connectors for my plugs? Ive never really thought about cable ends before because working on cars ive never had to do anything but replace them with the correct cable so this is throwing me off a little.

minitruth1984
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 xv920

PostAuthor: mark75 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

the accel kit comes with soft, 'rubber' caps

it's the same as a car except how they fit into the coil.

the whole resistor thing is about Radio Frequency Interference which usually comes across as popping or buzzing noise on your radio or mobile device - very annoying :hair:

I'm told, if severe enough it could interfere with unprotected delicate circuits [chips in an ecm?]
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun :yahoo: ... or not ... :fan:
And ---
Any day above ground is a good day. so Laissez les bon temps roulez ...
just roll safely

"I hear and I forget,
I see and I remember,
I do and I understand."
... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: Jake » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:03 pm

minitruth1984 wrote:Ok awesome the only thing that is throwing me off is the cable ends if i bought an accel universal kit it will come with the correct connectors for my plugs?

The only difference is you don't have to remove the cap on top of the spark plug, leave it on as you would a car.

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you in trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
~Mark Twain

Forum Tutorials can be found here http://viragotechforum.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Forward Control Templates ( FREE ) http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=21556
Jake
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help "Gen"