Page 1 of 3

New members and old, Read and Heed!!! No exceptions!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:36 pm
Author: P.O.L. Mafia
Please read and heed.

Advertising 101
How you advertise on V Tech forum


This is a simple how-to that must be adhered to at all times. Unless the site owner says otherwise this is the way it is no exceptions. This is for ANYONE selling a product, I don’t care if it is buttwipe from the Pope!

Post your product in the “For Sale” section and if you wish, with proper approval, an Admin will make it a sticky, meaning it will always be on top. If you are found high jacking threads pushing your product or items, you will be given a yellow card. 10 Yellows and you are banned, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Admins hold the right to ban without discretion. That means if you really show your butt, we will spank it and you are gone. ONCE AGAIN WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED! If you are banned only the Admin or the site owner will un-ban you. If you would like on the banner rotation at the top, WE WILL CONTACT YOU! Under certain circumstances (which we the Admin will determine) may you contact Admin about banner space. You get banner space by being helpful, not spamming.

Examples of spamming.

“I had that same problem and I used “fillintheblank” and now I can run farther and jump higher! Bump me a PM and I will sell it to you.”

“I have one I don’t need, email me”

If someone wants to buy your product or item, they will contact you for it. As with P.O.L. Mafia and the P901. He does not give advise as “your problem with your carbs can be fixed with my manifold! Bump me a line and I will sell it to you!” It is more like “to fix your carbs, you need to do this………” and no mention of the manifold, because it is in his signature and everyone can read.

If someone is not asking to buy, ( i.e.Yamaha VIrago Items Wanted ) don’t offer to sell something.

Admin understands profit and the need to make a living. There is a right and a wrong way to do it. Do it right or you will be gone.

SPAMMING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:42 pm
Author: grazingazer
clear and concise...it says what it means and it means what it says

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:49 pm
Author: 48vintage
Agree - shouldn't be any question as to meaning

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:21 pm
Author: mark75
clear as crystal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:32 pm
Author: funkamongus
Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:30 pm
Author: coalstoves
Seems to have been an ugly incident here before I joined .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:07 pm
Author: club_c
Just confirming if this includes regular ol' Virago parts for sale too?

Re: New members and old, Read and Heed!!! No exceptions!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:24 pm
Author: P.O.L. Mafia
Come on Club, :doh: you can do better than that m8. :naughty: You know what I mean, and if you still don’t, PM me and I’ll fill you in. :moon: :spank:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:53 pm
Author: Roger Ramjet
Pretty sure he means you can sell your own stuff like parts and such and I think its okay to put a link to a site where a bike or parts are being sold but you cannot sell a product which you distribute.

Please Correct me if I'm wrong because I've been known to toss a link to an ad I found for bikes or parts but I try to always put them in the for sale thing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:23 pm
Author: club_c
P.O.L. Mafia";p="128600 wrote:Come on Club, :doh: you can do better than that m8. :naughty: You know what I mean, and if you still don’t, PM me and I’ll fill you in. :moon: :spank:

Yes I absolutely know what you mean, but by the mere fact this thread exists, some do not...

Re: New members and old, Read and Heed!!! No exceptions!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:24 pm
Author: eaglebeak
Very clear and well put :beer:

Most of us have parted things out or did a little garage cleaning in the "For Sale" section because that's what it's for (although I've still not gotten any offers to take my ex-wife for a price I can afford).

While many times we may recommend certain brands or types of tires, plugs, oil, parts sources, etc. (even the P901), that is only done to relate personal experience or passing along unbiased advice in response to a particular information request or a specific question that's been posted - and NOT because we are directly selling any of those products or receiving any compensation for hyping them.

As mentioned by P.O.L. - Spam and its intent becomes painfully obvious when anyone begins using the forum for initiating post after post to hype a particular product or service and/or manages to slip in a recommendation for such along with any answer they give whether it's regarding tire pressure, butt-wipe, or left-handed metric tools.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Author: Roger Ramjet
eaglebeak";p="128617 wrote:Very clear and well put :beer:

Most of us have parted things out or did a little garage cleaning in the "For Sale" section because that's what it's for (although I've still not gotten any offers to take my ex-wife for a price I can afford).

While many times we may recommend certain brands or types of tires, plugs, oil, parts sources, etc. (even the P901), that is only done to relate personal experience or passing along unbiased advice in response to a particular information request or a specific question that's been posted - and NOT because we are directly selling any of those products or receiving any compensation for hyping them.

As mentioned by P.O.L. - Spam and its intent becomes painfully obvious when anyone begins using the forum for initiating post after post to hype a particular product or service and/or manages to slip in a recommendation for such along with any answer they give whether it's regarding tire pressure, butt-wipe, or left-handed metric tools.



yah what he said

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 am
Author: Jake
all of the above :thumbs:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:10 am
Author: jgc
i understand keep up the good work

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:21 am
Author: R4v
Read and understood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 am
Author: grazingazer
club_c";p="128616 wrote:
P.O.L. Mafia";p="128600 wrote:Come on Club, :doh: you can do better than that m8. :naughty: You know what I mean, and if you still don?t, PM me and I?ll fill you in. :moon: :spank:

Yes I absolutely know what you mean, but by the mere fact this thread exists, some do not...
you're the one cofusing the issue clubbie...clouding the waters as it were...y'know

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:55 pm
Author: Richdd
I am now a little more informed. Thank you... and BTW.... where do I find a bottle of fillintheblank... I have some scratches to fix.

Re: New members and old, Read and Heed!!! No exceptions!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:27 am
Author: stanbu
Crystal clear - never thought otherwise

Stan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:50 am
Author: Nortonbiker
Well put! I hate spammers!

Re: New members and old, Read and Heed!!! No exceptions!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:14 am
Author: trush1492
I have the perfect product for this problem :naughty: just visit www.somepeopleare@$$holes.com :grin: