Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Installed Choppin's Forward Controls

Questions and comments about aftermarket parts.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Installed Choppin's Forward Controls

PostAuthor: JamesRS2007 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop a note to anyone interested in getting a set of forward controls for their Virago. I just purchased and installed a set from Choppin's custom components and they are Awesome! I am 6` with an inseam of 32" and the main issue I had with my 1100 was the peg location. after doing some research, i decided to pull the trigger on a set of forward controls, and the best deal I saw out there were Choppins. They are priced very competitively, and the fit and finish on them is excellent. I purchased them about a week ago, and they arrived yesterday. I installed them today and took the bike for a ride, and what a difference! The laid out position of the pegs in conjunction with the heel / toe shifter makes the bike so much more comfortable to ride. No stress on the knees, and as a 54 year old guy, that is a major relief. They look great on the bike, and make cruising around so much more relaxing, I don't want to get off.

Here are a few pics of the controls on my bike.

James
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Iv47lHgzdFsDxAJ43

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMymVgMpqkrT94xq1
JamesRS2007
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1995 Yamaha Virago 1100
Sex: Male

Re: Installed Choppin's Forward Controls

PostAuthor: tpalo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 am

Looks awesome! I'm definitely interested in getting a set from choppin for my 1100 once the money is right, maybe after the holidays! But they look great enjoy the ride!
'86 XV1100
Central Valley California, US

tpalo
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1986 xv1100 virago

PostAuthor: choppin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am

Your bike is really in nice condition. Looks great with the forward controls. Glad you like them and thanks for the great review.
Choppin
choppin
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 920J VIRAGO
2004 harley 883
1987 150 Elite Honda (sold)
1983 920K virago
1986 XV700ss (sold)
1982 GL Honda Goldwing (sold)
1982 920 virago (parts bike)
1987 XV1100 (sold)
1984 XV700 (building trike)

PostAuthor: Roger Ramjet » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:11 pm

I may look into a set of those as well in the spring ,Last piece of the puzzle , I still have the old girl , but I only put 10kms on it this past summer .. no time to enjoy and kind of lost interest , tried selling it but no takers .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The " Mistress " done

THE MORE HAIR YOU LOSE ... THE MORE HEAD YOU GET ....

I Lied to get the JOB they lied about the JOB .. So we are even

Bike is as always For Sale

EX-WIFE FOR SALE ... JUST TAKE OVER PAYMENTS

HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

1982 XV920J ,82 harley Gas Tank , 81 Maxim Headlight ,Round Aftermarket signal lighting , harley Sportster front fender , Johnny Pag Spyder rear fender ,harley FLH Battery Cover, Highway Crash Bars with Pegs , Aftermarket Mirrors ,Aftermarket Backrest , Mac Pipes ,Leather Saddle Bags , Gen 2 Starter upgrade , Battery Tender , Honda Shadow Ace Seat . Firehouse Technology I-Tube Stereo , Honda Handlebars , On Board 12 v compressor for rear air shock ,Memphis Shades Batwing fairing ,3.5" pull back risers , Homemade Clock mount

Oakville,Ontario .Canada

Roger Ramjet
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 Xv920J

PostAuthor: choppin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:I may look into a set of those as well in the spring ,Last piece of the puzzle , I still have the old girl , but I only put 10kms on it this past summer .. no time to enjoy and kind of lost interest , tried selling it but no takers .

Just let me know when its time to get a set made for you. Makes the ride that much better with your legs extended forward. I get cramps in my legs if riding with the stock pegs.
choppin
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 920J VIRAGO
2004 harley 883
1987 150 Elite Honda (sold)
1983 920K virago
1986 XV700ss (sold)
1982 GL Honda Goldwing (sold)
1982 920 virago (parts bike)
1987 XV1100 (sold)
1984 XV700 (building trike)

PostAuthor: Roger Ramjet » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 pm

choppin wrote:
Roger Ramjet wrote:I may look into a set of those as well in the spring ,Last piece of the puzzle , I still have the old girl , but I only put 10kms on it this past summer .. no time to enjoy and kind of lost interest , tried selling it but no takers .

Just let me know when its time to get a set made for you. Makes the ride that much better with your legs extended forward. I get cramps in my legs if riding with the stock pegs.
The " Mistress " done

THE MORE HAIR YOU LOSE ... THE MORE HEAD YOU GET ....

I Lied to get the JOB they lied about the JOB .. So we are even

Bike is as always For Sale

EX-WIFE FOR SALE ... JUST TAKE OVER PAYMENTS

HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

1982 XV920J ,82 harley Gas Tank , 81 Maxim Headlight ,Round Aftermarket signal lighting , harley Sportster front fender , Johnny Pag Spyder rear fender ,harley FLH Battery Cover, Highway Crash Bars with Pegs , Aftermarket Mirrors ,Aftermarket Backrest , Mac Pipes ,Leather Saddle Bags , Gen 2 Starter upgrade , Battery Tender , Honda Shadow Ace Seat . Firehouse Technology I-Tube Stereo , Honda Handlebars , On Board 12 v compressor for rear air shock ,Memphis Shades Batwing fairing ,3.5" pull back risers , Homemade Clock mount

Oakville,Ontario .Canada

Roger Ramjet
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 Xv920J

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Motorcycle Product Review