Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Internet shops reliability.

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Internet shops reliability.

PostAuthor: przemas » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 am

Hi all. I don’t know where to post that so let it be here. I’m struggling with hard decision which internet shop to choice to buy some parts. I found several shops which offers what I’m looking for but I don’t know how reliable, credible they are. So I propose to post here any suggestions and comments concerning prices, delivery time and so on.
So let’s start: is there anyone who bought something from http://www.carolinacycle.com or http://www.ronayers.com ? I’ll be grateful for any comment.
BTW. I’m looking for kindly brother living in US who could receive delivery from internet shop, repack it and send it to me to Europe by USPS. What’s my point: all internet shops offers delivery only by UPS, Fedex, DHL. All of mentioned shipment company has insane prices for overseas services. The difference is like 300 USD by UPS, DHL to 50USD by USPS which is quite noticeable. I’m looking forward to here from any good smaritan willing to help me. Just PM me. I'll cover all expenses of course.
przemas
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 97 Virago 1100
Sex: Male

Re: Internet shops reliability.

PostAuthor: ms8238 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 am

smart bet is to use double protection payments with someone like paypal, where your paypal account just charges your reg credit card, instead of using your credit card alone [ paypal will give you a fake credit card to use] giving you double charge back power.

If the sale goes wrong 99% of the time paypal will get you a refund, if not, you file a charge back with your CC company, which is 100% success as paypal doesn't dispute charge backs. They roll over and just pay.
ms8238
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flag
Bike year & model: 1982 XV750

PostAuthor: Null [o c t o r] » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 am

I did a google map search of the address on the website,
then went to street view, and could see that they are a very large store
and I would assume reliable, you can do the same for the other store then it is your call.

I fine that a large brick and mortar store is reliable

Null [o c t o r]
Null Post Error
Null Post Error

Flag
Bike year & model: '000

PostAuthor: quitbreathing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am

Ron Ayers is a great company like dennis kirk. I have bought from them several times and had no problem. If there was a downside it might be price - I have found items cheaper at other stores.

przemas wrote:Hi all. I don’t know where to post that so let it be here. I’m struggling with hard decision which internet shop to choice to buy some parts. I found several shops which offers what I’m looking for but I don’t know how reliable, credible they are. So I propose to post here any suggestions and comments concerning prices, delivery time and so on.
So let’s start: is there anyone who bought something from http://www.carolinacycle.com or http://www.ronayers.com ? I’ll be grateful for any comment.
BTW. I’m looking for kindly brother living in US who could receive delivery from internet shop, repack it and send it to me to Europe by USPS. What’s my point: all internet shops offers delivery only by UPS, Fedex, DHL. All of mentioned shipment company has insane prices for overseas services. The difference is like 300 USD by UPS, DHL to 50USD by USPS which is quite noticeable. I’m looking forward to here from any good smaritan willing to help me. Just PM me. I'll cover all expenses of course.
quitbreathing
Gold Membership
Gold Membership

Bike year & model: 1989 XV1100 'puddles'
1987 XV1100 'queen'

PostAuthor: mark75 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 pm

I have been buying parts from carolinacycles (Waynesville) for more than 6 years. I have never experienced any problem, nor had any complaint with their service.
They have always responded quickly, and shipped as stated.
And they also have some of the best prices on OEM parts that I have found. If they show a price for the item, then it is usually still available.
I recommend them.

I'm sorry that I am not in a physical condition to be able to help with re-shipping at this time. I am confined to a wheelchair, recovering from a crash that totaled my bike.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies whether you're having fun ...
__ :bike: ...
or not ... :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.

TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions...
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Motorcycle Parts Finds