VTF Google Search
 Click Here

My xv 1100 and 750 trike conversion,s

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: My xv 1100 and 750 trike conversion,s

PostAuthor: Wesso » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Up to your usual standard Zakboy :lol:
But seriously, it looks beautiful and every bit as good as any of the others that you've built.
I wish I had the finances and the ability to lay my hands on the differential etc. to turn my 1100 into a trike like the ones that you have built.
I'm not sure what the difference in registration and associated costs would be, but since my back problem seems to be getting worse a lot more quickly these days I reckon it would be the way for me to go. There's still a lot of Australia that I want to see and I want to do it on a bike (or a trike) if I can.
Thanks for showing us this new one mate... She's a real beauty :wub:
Cheers
Wayne

ImageThe preferred method of posting attachments to VTF can be found in the Attachment Pictorial.
To get there, click on the link below. If clicking on it doesn't work , just copy and paste it to your address bar.

http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=29506#p263323
or copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser and press Enter.

If you're looking for a Service or Owner's Manual, try this link
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545
We might just have what you are looking for.
Wesso
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1997 XV1100S Virago
Sex: Male

PostAuthor: zakboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:52 am

Wesso wrote:Up to your usual standard Zakboy :lol:
But seriously, it looks beautiful and every bit as good as any of the others that you've built.
I wish I had the finances and the ability to lay my hands on the differential etc. to turn my 1100 into a trike like the ones that you have built.
I'm not sure what the difference in registration and associated costs would be, but since my back problem seems to be getting worse a lot more quickly these days I reckon it would be the way for me to go. There's still a lot of Australia that I want to see and I want to do it on a bike (or a trike) if I can.
Thanks for showing us this new one mate... She's a real beauty :wub:
H Wesso hope you are well and thank you again for your kind comments,just finished this one before i have my long awaited hip opp on the 30th of august, it will be a few weeks before i can get back to trikes but should beable to do quite a bit more when the hip is sorted,the first job to do when im fit again is a honda magna 750 for a frend and will also hope to beable to do a lot more rideing with out the pain.

Take care for now kind regards Kev

zakboy
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 xv 1100 virago

PostAuthor: Wesso » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 pm

zakboy wrote:Hi Wesso hope you are well and thank you again for your kind comments,just finished this one before i have my long awaited hip opp on the 30th of august, it will be a few weeks before i can get back to trikes but should beable to do quite a bit more when the hip is sorted,the first job to do when im fit again is a honda magna 750 for a frend and will also hope to beable to do a lot more rideing with out the pain.

Take care for now kind regards Kev

My pleasure I'm sure :lol:
Isn't it amazing how we are forced to wait such a long time to get something that causes so much pain fixed, yet something trivial can be fixed in a micron. I wish they could do spinal replacements. Anyway I hope your op goes well for you and you're back at it before too long. I look at your work as if it were a piece of art. They are all beautiful to look at and each trike has it's own difference so that it is personal. Well done brother and I'm looking forward to your next piece of art.
Cheers
Wayne

ImageThe preferred method of posting attachments to VTF can be found in the Attachment Pictorial.
To get there, click on the link below. If clicking on it doesn't work , just copy and paste it to your address bar.

or copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser and press Enter.

Wesso
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: rajon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:43 am

Hi, thanks for sharing the information on building a trike. I have a 1998 VX1100 and I plan to use a local knowledgeable mechanic
to turn my bike into a trike for me. I'm in Orange, NSW Australia. cheers
Custom 1991 Virago XV1100B (Australian model)
Custom 1& 1/4" bars
Single manifol with Mikuni VM38 Carb + 1970s Triumph air filter
S&S Tapered exhaust mufflers
Rewired bare bones + mini speedo
Voltage display meter
New Generator and Starter systems
Custom built Sidecar ex 'Finke Desert Race' restored to Street legal with harley spoke 19" wheel/Fatboy guard

Organizer Suntrippers Motorcycle Club - 'We ride with the Sun'
Orange, NSW, Australia
rajon
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1991 Virago XV1100 + custom sidecar

PostAuthor: denali » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Sweet fancy Moses! That is some spectacular work!

:knee:

I kneel to the King.....

(SOLD) 1993 Virago XV1100E: Willie and Max bags, National Cycle Plexistar 2 Windshield, ProTac Driver backrest, MC Enterprise Floorboards/Heel Toe Shifter and Crash Bar/Highway pegs, Chrome Skull grips and levers, Mac taper tip exhaust (soon!), K & N Air Filter, AirHawk 2 seat (soon!), Chrome side covers, Chrome signal light covers, Highway Hawk tail light cover, Kuryakyn Chrome skeleton hand mirrors, Chrome Yamaha emblem master cylinder cover, Seiko motorcycle clock, Garmin GPS
1983 Kawasaki KZ440 Belt Drive (Sold)
1985 Honda 250 Custom (1st bike when I was 16...long gone)
denali
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 1993 Virago XV1100

PostAuthor: Rev. Roy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:42 am

I have a butter1985 xv1000 and due to knee issues am think of triking.
I have a son who is very good at fabrication but to save time i was hoping you might share measurements on your swing arm.
Really enjoyed this thread.
Thanks

Roy
1984 xv1000
Jardine Pipes

Rev. Roy
Pastor
Pastor

PostAuthor: bezzabsa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 am

another old fart here with failing joints....
Must admit you have some serious skill there, I actually preferred the look of the square section rear end...bit more 'sturdy' looking..
would love to have a go at triking my 400..but I have a shed the bike barely fits in..and I can't weld..

would the shocks perform better if they were placed so they are angled sideways onto the rear end, rather than left how they were on the bike?? so /...\ rather than l...l if that makes sense??

bezzabsa
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 2010 LF400 , XV535 clone

PostAuthor: Wesso » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 am

bezzabsa: Can you please go to your Profile and add your location.
You don't have to put your house number or anything quite that explicit just the state where you are located.
The main reason that we insist on our members having their location set is so that we don't have to ask you where you are each time we are to help you.
If you don't know how to add your location to your profile then just ask one of us Mods and we will be happy to help you.
Thanks in advance :thanks:
Cheers
Wayne

Wesso
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: bezzabsa » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:03 am

thought I had done!!!!

will try again!!

bezzabsa
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 2010 LF400 , XV535 clone

PostAuthor: Wesso » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 am

bezzabsa wrote:thought I had done!!!!

will try again!!

It's all good now thanks mate :):
Cheers
Wayne

Wesso
Mod
Mod

Previous

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help - Sidecar / Trike