Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Rant's sidecar project

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: Rant's sidecar project

PostAuthor: nanno » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:17 am

Not sure about the stator, but the rotor of the XV1100 is different.

Talking of which... does that mean you have a surplus set of XV700 heads... :cl:

Cheers,
Greg
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43227 - Nanno's accumulated findings (and blatant show-off) - infos on my TR1's, my performance and reliability mods and a bit of show-casing of the stainless steel exhausts I build

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at (My blog - Greasygreg.blogspot.co.at)
nanno
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1984 XT500
1985 SR500
1981 Yamaha TR1
1982 Yamaha TR1 Turbo
1973 DS7 (RD250) Racebike
1977 XS 750 Sidecar
Sex: Male

PostAuthor: rantingsmith » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:09 am

nanno wrote:Not sure about the stator, but the rotor of the XV1100 is different.

Talking of which... does that mean you have a surplus set of XV700 heads... :cl:

Cheers,
Greg

I have a cover off 1995 750, any ideas what would fit? Doing a second gen starter conversion too so will be swapping/needing other parts..

And yes I might have a set of 700 heads.. at the moment they are still attached to the cylinders and tug bike frame respectively.. I am using them to work out the sidecar sub-frame and fairing brackets.. also was thinking of using them as an exhaust fabricating jig, but I suppose I could always swap them for some spare say TR1/XV1000 heads or something equally useful.. :naughty:

Cheers,

Rant.
The Flying Anvil XV750SE '82 - Custom rear subframe, Bar end mirrors, New indicators, New tail light, 18" rear wheel conversion, KOSO speedo, lithium battery, custom wiring harness, clipons, modified SR500 rearsets, Lucas replica switchgear, K&N air filter, many parts powdercoated
XV920 '81- Watsonian Monaco sidecar tug project-work in progress - top end rebuild time
TR1.1 '81 Basket case project - Work in progress - Sepp Koch style frame chop plus refinement, XVS1100 jugs piston crankshaft conversion, nanno's 9 plate clutch conversion, BMW r850r rear shock, spoke wheels XS650 front & rear, twin 320mm discs with Yamaha Blue spot calipers, XT500 tank, twin Webber carbs, home built exhaust (hopefully) seat and subframe, footrest hangers...
rantingsmith
Gold Membership
Gold Membership

Bike year & model: 1982 XV750SE UK Model - The Flying Anvil - awaiting better weather

1981 XV920 - sidecar tug project bike - Watsonian Monaco sidecar to be fitted

1981 TR1 - Basket case project - bought completely dismantled and teaching me mechanics 101

PostAuthor: nanno » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 am

As the bolthole circle should be identical to TR1/early XV750, I think said stator should bolt in (I'll check for you in a few minutes as I have to go to the workshop anyway.

Oh well, I think I should most certainly have some old, banged up TR1 heads for you, if that tickles your fancy. ;-)

Cheers,
Greg
P.S.: Drop me a PM or E-Mail, if I haven't gotten back to you until the evening. It's Spring and judging by the workload in the workshop I'd better grow myself another six arms and work like an octopus. :ops:
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43227 - Nanno's accumulated findings (and blatant show-off) - infos on my TR1's, my performance and reliability mods and a bit of show-casing of the stainless steel exhausts I build

nanno
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
1985 SR500
1981 Yamaha TR1
1982 Yamaha TR1 Turbo
1977 XS 750 Sidecar

PostAuthor: rantingsmith » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm

So I'm getting a set of jugs and pistons for cheap from the breakers to make up for the seized ones. Still looking for generator and starter parts. Put the 19" front and 18" rear back on. Started on the subframe.
IMG_4611.JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

Ps: not sure why the site turns some of these pics upside down as they are the right way up on my machine..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Flying Anvil XV750SE '82 - Custom rear subframe, Bar end mirrors, New indicators, New tail light, 18" rear wheel conversion, KOSO speedo, lithium battery, custom wiring harness, clipons, modified SR500 rearsets, Lucas replica switchgear, K&N air filter, many parts powdercoated
XV920 '81- Watsonian Monaco sidecar tug project-work in progress - top end rebuild time
TR1.1 '81 Basket case project - Work in progress - Sepp Koch style frame chop plus refinement, XVS1100 jugs piston crankshaft conversion, nanno's 9 plate clutch conversion, BMW r850r rear shock, spoke wheels XS650 front & rear, twin 320mm discs with Yamaha Blue spot calipers, XT500 tank, twin Webber carbs, home built exhaust (hopefully) seat and subframe, footrest hangers...
rantingsmith
Gold Membership
Gold Membership

Bike year & model: 1982 XV750SE UK Model - The Flying Anvil - awaiting better weather

1981 TR1 - Basket case project - bought completely dismantled and teaching me mechanics 101

PostAuthor: nanno » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 am

rantingsmith wrote:Ps: not sure why the site turns some of these pics upside down as they are the right way up on my machine..

That's because of some meta-information your camera embedded in the pictures.

Subframe is looking very good! What are you planning to use as an attachment point on the rear? Centre-stand mounts?

Finished the axle plates for my earles forks yesterday and hopefully will have the rest of the forks done today.

Cheers,
Greg

nanno
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Flag
1985 SR500
1981 Yamaha TR1
1982 Yamaha TR1 Turbo
1977 XS 750 Sidecar

PostAuthor: rantingsmith » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

nanno wrote:
rantingsmith wrote:Ps: not sure why the site turns some of these pics upside down as they are the right way up on my machine..

That's because of some meta-information your camera embedded in the pictures.

Subframe is looking very good! What are you planning to use as an attachment point on the rear? Centre-stand mounts?

Finished the axle plates for my earles forks yesterday and hopefully will have the rest of the forks done today.

Cheers,
Greg

Not normally had any issue with the pics..

Subframe will use both forward engine mounts and the centre stand mount, both horizontal chair mounts will pick up both bars and bolt up to the chair rather than the chair bolting up to the bike if that makes sense..
rantingsmith
Gold Membership
Gold Membership

Previous

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help - Sidecar / Trike