Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

No longer a Virago rider

Enjoy the scenery and a friendly discussion on The Park Bench.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

No longer a Virago rider

PostAuthor: benpineapple » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi hi all!

So, last Friday I bought myself a 2002 Sportster, and Saturday I sold my 1982 XV750 to a younger rider who was buying their first bike. I'm super glad I was able to sneak in a 60mile last ride with some friends a couple weeks back, very rare to get a February ride here in the midwest. It was very bittersweet seeing that thing roll away when it sold, definitely still feeling regret, but I know my bike is in good hands with someone who is going to cherish the bike. I was kind of picky about who I sold the bike to. I of course told them to make a profile here. Go easy on them!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for creating such an amazing and safe community devoted to the sharing of knowledge and Virago wellbeing. I know for a fact my Virago wouldn't be nearly the bike it is today if it weren't for VTF. From being a neglected barn-find bought for $100, to riding halfway across the country and back last summer, it was an amazing 4 years and first bike for me. That being said, I'm looking forward to a new build project.

I've made another donation, and I'll try to keep it up in the future. I'd encourage everyone to if they can, I think we all know how difficult things would be if VTF couldn't keep the lights on. I'll continue to pop in here and chime in if I can be helpful.

Cheers!

One last pic of my baby, "Victoria":

IMG_2736.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jake on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Gen Help to Park Bench
Former 1982 XV750 owner, just here to see your bikes and help out if I can.

Riding a '02 HD Sportster now.
benpineapple
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: N/A
Sex: Male

Re: No longer a Virago rider

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:19 pm

:GJ: :usa: :cl:

Yeppers..these bike are one-of-kind and to be a Virago owner is quite a unique family: :friend:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: Hellgate » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Looks like the new owner has a great looking ride. Enjoy your new harley.
Pete
'12 Tuono V4R APRC
'05 R6 Track Bike
'88 RD350 YPVS
'82 XV920RJ
Hellgate
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: '82 XV920R

PostAuthor: mark75 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:30 pm

:yup:

yeah, they do become part of our lives and we do get attached to our rides.

we are all waiting for and hoping for our 'perfect' new riding season to arrive.

keep in touch. don't be a stranger.

ride safe.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Park Bench Chat