Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

When will it end ?

Enjoy the scenery and a friendly discussion on The Park Bench.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

When will it end ?

PostAuthor: Jake » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Thank goodness for Caller ID !

My wife had a meeting to attend yesterday, she left early in the morning and I knew she had a two hour drive to get home. She called me at 4 PM, telling me she was on her way home, so I did the mental calculation, factoring in Friday afternoon rush hour traffic which would put her home around 6:30 PM.

She will usually call me when she drops off the others traveling with her, and as I am getting ready to take her our for supper, I wasn't surprised when the home phone rang at 6:45 PM.

Whose number shows on the Caller ID display ?

None other than my very own name and number ? Whattttt......????

I have gotten calls from local numbers before and one that I actually answered because a friend of mine works for that individual, and I thought perhaps it was he calling. Wrong ! Robocall !

I rarely answer either of my phones unless I know the name or number. I know people hate leaving a message, but these robocalls that spoof local numbers are getting out of hand. The National Do Not Call list is useless !

To actually get a robocall from your own home phone number is beyond ridiculous. :pissed:

~Mark Twain
Jake
Mod
Mod

Location: Penn's Forestland otherwise known as Pennsylvania Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 XV750
Sex: Male

Re: When will it end ?

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:59 pm

yeah, it's getting bad, and that is 'way-over-the-line'.

I rarely answer my phone directly any more, I let all calls go to voicemail.
only thing I respond-to immediately is family text messages ... our own code system for response priority-of-need.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.

TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions...
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Re: When will it end ?

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:53 am

I get them 3 -4 times or more per day. The best thing to do it to block the number. The Do not call list doesn't work because it is not being enforced.... Not surprising.... There are other laws passed by are illustrious state and federal governments that are impossible to enforce.... i.e. California's new law that says your cell phone must be attached to your car, you can't carry it in your pocket, in a holster or lay it on the seat, it must be affixed to your car.... Now isn't that stupid?
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province and Country. It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser,
1982 Yamaha Seca XJ750RJ w/factory touring package (sold)
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring
2007 Honda ST1300A

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Park Bench Chat