Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Highest kilo's reached on a Chinese engine??

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Highest kilo's reached on a Chinese engine??

PostAuthor: craig7 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi what's the highest kilometres some of you have achieved on these Chinese
Engines?

craig7
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: skygo sg250 v-twin virago clone
Sex: Male

Re: Highest kilo's reached on a Chinese engine??

PostAuthor: dogeared dave » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi Craig. Interesting question. I run a Korean Hyosung 125 cruise 2. 2000yr for short errands. It has 30,000 on the clock and with 2 or 3 oil changes a year runs sweet and I do about 4,000 miles a year on it. My son runs a 2007 Chinese ybr that is trouble free engine wise but wheel bearings brakes electrics instruments and suspension are a drain on my patience. I have just finished a vintage like custom job on a Sukida 125 It has the Honda clone cb engine which runs like a Honda engine should and has done 25,000 in it's 14th year of life, don't know how because everything else was shot long before I got my hands on it. Tried to restore a Jialing cruiser circa 2002 but gave it back to the owner in a box, everything was almost paper thin including the plastic, every bearing in the engine was shot. It had less than 10k on the clock, probably abused. I think the Japanese derived clone engines may have normal life expectancy on them if looked after. I know nothing of the home bred bike motors from China. A lot of bike garages won't entertain problem solving on the China bikes because of other faults exposed on investigation. Worth noting that most small engines in generators lawn mowers chain saws and strimers are made in China, These die in a year or two of service. The Chinese bikes, in my experience all seem to look old before their time and the owners all have the same list of woe's if they have had the bike for any length of time.
Now, my xv500 has 24,000 on the clock and was wrecked and seized when i got it, all of the engine, electrical components and running gear now work perfectly, didn't replace anything except for the bent forks. I had a 1955 BSA Bantam that used oil like a body wash, never let me down and always fired third kick 124,000 on the clock. My 1952 Ariel square 4 had over 100k on the dial and coughed into life with a kick maybe 2 on a cold day. My 1975 Suzuki GT 250 had 60,000 screaming miles on it, looked like a wreck but never let me down. So yeah, I would like to know how long the Chinese bike can go for as well. Will we ever see the vintage Lifan at the bike meets?

dogeared dave
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1982 xv500

Re: Highest kilo's reached on a Chinese engine??

PostAuthor: craig7 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks for reply Dave my Chinese skygo sg250 is now on 16 000 kilometers hasn't let me down as such yet. Just really surprise at this bikes reliability. It came with a reusable oil filter, washable air filter and reusable fuel filter. I change oil every 3000 kilo's with caltex delo. Really like this bike for durability.

craig7
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: skygo sg250 v-twin virago clone

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago clone bikes Quinjang Lifan Delta ....