Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Help me find a service I can provide

Other brands of bikes, cars, trucks, parts, computers, tools, junk to you; gold to others.
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Help me find a service I can provide

PostAuthor: kjt12345 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 pm

To those that enjoy upgrading their xv's and have trouble finding parts. Is there something I can offer as a service that some of you may be interested in?

I would have become pretty familiar with my xv700, and take pride in doing everything from scratch on it. From the exhaust, the frame mods, the fork swap, the recitifier/regulator swap, to the leather seat. Everything I do to my bike is made from raw materials, or adapted from another bike.

I use a fluxcore welder, got plenty of tools, and after doing an entire build and working on friends bikes I feel pretty comfortable working with them. But I remember when I first started I came and joined the forum and was reading my @$$ off about everything that had to do with a motorcycle, and trying to find out how I could accomplish the things I wanted. There was alot of limitations in the department of upgrade parts, and connecting pieces to accomplish alot of the conversion that are discussed.

I am trying to come up with a way to make some side money to further build the bike and car, and I would love to be able to help provide some solutions for finding parts and setting up custom viragos. If some of you could help brainstorm and get the ball rolling I would really apprectiate it.

Custom 2-1 Carb manifolds? Shorty exhaust pipes? Rearset linkage setups? Custom seats? Rectifier adapters for plug and play swaps? Carb rebuilds or cleaning? Let me know if there is anything that people cant find for viragos!! :help: :help: :help:

kjt12345
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv 700
Sex: Male

Re: Help me find a service I can provide

PostAuthor: Jake » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 pm

I moved this thread from Tech Articles, it doesn’t fit the category ( VIrago Help Tech and user submitted articles ) to Off Topic 4 Sale, as it doesn’t fit anyplace else.

It will remain here for 30 days after the last post, then deleted. In other words, if you or anyone posts to this thread 29 days from now, it will be extended for another 30 days beyond that. Each time it is posted to, the time allotted is extended 30 days.

Please note, I do not count the actual days, but go by calendar dates.

You would do a great service to yourself and members if you would add your location to your profile. I don’t believe the flag on your profile is indicative of your location.

~Mark Twain
Jake
Mod
Mod

Location: Penn's Forestland otherwise known as Pennsylvania Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:53 am

If you want to provide a product or service on VTF, that means you are a "Vendor".

All vendors must read and follow site rules. ---> viewtopic.php?f=208&t=14815

VTF is very protective of its' members and reputation.

Past problems have made it necessary to have certain rules (which are strictly enforced) for everyones' protection [vendors also].

We all like cool new stuff for our bikes, particularly since XVs have gotten the short-end of the after-market stick. [little or no 'commercial' support from dealers and most independent "shops"] so having

someone that supports/adds to products and/or services is good for us all.

If you are thinking about becoming a vendor, you might look through these topics, too. ---> viewforum.php?f=208
New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.
TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: Jake » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:38 am

It’s important to read this.

Jake wrote:Image

As it says "Approved items only", it does not say "Approved Vendors"

Anyone wishing to sell something in the VTF Vendor section, will have to PM me for approval ( by the Admin's nod of consent ). The Classified section of the forum is maintained by me, which includes the Vendor section. If you don't ask me, I'll move it or delete it. To show that I approved the ad, you will see at the bottom of the post, that I edited and approved.

DO NOT add additional items to your ad. If you are selling one item, references to addition items you sell will be deleted. One ad, one item ! No exceptions ! I'll delete once, the second time I'll issue a warning, if there is a third I will ban you ! Effective February 1st, 2016

I don't foresee many if any at all being disapproved, but you need permission.

If you no longer wish to sell the item you have advertised, PM me and I will remove it.

A small donation to the forum by the vendor for each transaction would be appreciated, but in no means mandatory.
Last edited by Jake on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link and inserted quote

~Mark Twain
Jake
Mod
Mod

Location: Penn's Forestland otherwise known as Pennsylvania Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:18 am

:yup: :yup: & :yup:
mark75 wrote:particularly since XVs have gotten the short-end of the after-market stick. [little or no 'commercial' support from dealers and most independent "shops"]

"Specially"-->> :yup:
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: kjt12345 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:30 pm

I have added my location, and a couple pictures that arent horribly old. I will be sure to closely review the vendor rules as soon as I can find a part that has demand worth vending for :lmao:. But in all seriousness, thank you for the info and putting the post in an appropriate section, does anyone have any specific ideas for parts that some users may be interested in working with me for? Anybody notice any patterns of people asking for certain things they cant find lately??

kjt12345
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv 700

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:03 pm

when 'west coast choppers' was big everyone wanted to "chop" - extended forks, forward-controls, ape-hangers, etc.

that has kind of cooled-off, and everyone wants to "cafe" or retro-street-scrambler - USD f-forks, fat front tire, mid- or rear-controls, 'turtle-shell' tanks, up-swept pipes...

parts to make 'er look something like this ---> http://www.bikeexif.com/tag/cafe-racer
maybe matching color on seat ... :naughty:

EDIT: but to answer your question, the 2 most often heard complaints / problems are about carbs or TCI.
Ken [at KJS] fixed one issue with his "mono-fold" with new Mikuni single [until he retired and sold the business. dunno how it goes now]
if you can come-up with not expensive fix/replace TCI, you would sell a bunch of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.
TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to OffTopic 4 Sale