Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

"Not" good motorcycle news

• Advertisement

Post a reply

"Not" good motorcycle news

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:41 am

Holy Crap!!! Not much info out , yet. Least around here..but still--Holy Crap!!!:
https://whdh.com/news/7-dead-2-injured- ... torcycles/
https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/ ... atal-scene
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago
Sex: Male

Re: "Not" good motorcycle news

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Tragic news.
R.I.P.
a moment of prayer for them ... :face:

sounds like a reverse of the scene in SOA where Jax does himself in.

gotta be careful out there because 'they' are out to get you. --- Semper Vigilans ---
:rr:

on the other hand ... we're all gonna go someday. so when it's your time to go, when better than on a ride?
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom

Re: "Not" good motorcycle news

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:21 am

They arrested the guy and charged him with 7 counts of vehicular homicide. Probably because he had a DUI before. At this point we don't know what happened, could have blown a tire on the truck or some other mechanical condition that caused the accident. It is reported that the trailer was what hit the bikes, not the truck. The trailer jackknifed and something caused that to happen. Whatever it was has not been reported yet. If the harley riders we riding in tandem rather than staggered as many HD riders tend to do, there is no place for the inside rider to go if something goes wrong. That's why any rider in a group should ride staggered with enough room between bikes to be able to get out of harm's way.
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province, and Country.
It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser,
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring
2007 Honda ST1300A
1987 Honda TLR200

Post a reply

• Advertisement