Click Here

stupid gas line connection

Drag Star, V Star, Virago Star, Wild Star, Road Star,
Royal Star & Venture Star Motorcycles
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

stupid gas line connection

PostAuthor: ellisme12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:49 am

New guy here. Very non-tech. Last fall i was attempting to drain the gas tank for winter. Not being sure what hoses to disconnect I disconnected more than I should. Well spring has arrived and when i started her up gas was leaking from the air filter. Like an idiot I must have switched one of the gas and air lines. Not being familiar I can't figure out which hose stem i put the air line into. Please help. Thank you. And I apologize for being such an idiot.

ellisme12
Brand New
Brand New

Flag
Bike year & model: 2009 xv250
Sex: Male

Re: stupid gas line connection

PostAuthor: ellisme12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 am

Additional information to above. All hoses seem to be applied correctly according to the diagram. Can there be a leak that pass gas through, (not on the outside running down) the air filter hose?
Thanks again.

ellisme12
Brand New
Brand New

Flag
Bike year & model: 2009 xv250

Re: stupid gas line connection

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 am

Carb is probably flooding the engine with gas due to a stuck float. Try tapping the carb bowls firmly with a screwdriver handle or other such item. Also pull the plugs, and turn the engine over with the starter to clear out the cylinders of excess gasoline. Be careful with this procedure.... Then check to see if the crankcase is over full, if it is, check for the smell of gasoline in the crankcase, if there is any indication of gasoline in the crankcase, change the oil and filter before trying to start the engine.
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province and Country. It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Star Help