Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Step by step barebones for 86 xv700 please

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Step by step barebones for 86 xv700 please

PostAuthor: Daner2234 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi all let me first tell you why I’m after a step by step guide.... so about a year and a half ago I started to strip down a old xv700 to chop and hardtail and get rid of all the unnecessary bloat of wires, but about 8 months ago I suffered a pretty bad stroke and due to this I have lost most of my memory and (skills) I’m sure I don’t have to explain how bad strokes cam impact people.... it has taken me months and months to strip the bike and put apes etc on, I have pulled the original harness and relays and indicators etc before I had the stroke.... I have all the necessary wire, new fuse box, but I can’t for the life of me wrap my head around any of the diagrams I have found, before my stroke I could wire a bike in my sleep lol but now I can’t hold any knowledge, so my question is ....

Is there anyone that can do a write up of a step by step guide please it would be a huge help.
I just want headlight,brake light and brake switches and of course the starter button and ignition

Thank you

Daner2234
Brand New
Brand New

Bike year & model: 1985 xv700 virago
Sex: Male

Re: Step by step barebones for 86 xv700 please

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Daner2234 wrote:Hi all let me first tell you why I’m after a step by step guide.... so about a year and a half ago I started to strip down a old xv700 to chop and hardtail and get rid of all the unnecessary bloat of wires, but about 8 months ago I suffered a pretty bad stroke and due to this I have lost most of my memory and (skills) I’m sure I don’t have to explain how bad strokes cam impact people.... it has taken me months and months to strip the bike and put apes etc on, I have pulled the original harness and relays and indicators etc before I had the stroke.... I have all the necessary wire, new fuse box, but I can’t for the life of me wrap my head around any of the diagrams I have found, before my stroke I could wire a bike in my sleep lol but now I can’t hold any knowledge, so my question is ....

Is there anyone that can do a write up of a step by step guide please it would be a huge help.
I just want headlight,brake light and brake switches and of course the starter button and ignition

Thank you

Howdy!

Welcome to VTF.

TRV - aka Dan is the best for wiring issues. He did this post that has helped me immensely. >>> viewtopic.php?f=140&t=29436

and here's one on bare-bones-1100 >>> viewtopic.php?f=140&t=43018

IIRC the main difference (700 v 1100) is pressure sensor, and fuel pump circuits. --- :con: [each with its own TCI, of course]

hope these help until someone chimes in with better info.

wiring in general (at anytime) is challenging to me.
Bonne chance.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
Sex: Male

Re: Step by step barebones for 86 xv700 please

PostAuthor: Daner2234 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:25 am

Thank you, that’s all great I’ll give it all a read

Daner2234
Brand New
Brand New