Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

M-unit to ignition system. Virago xv1100

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: M-unit to ignition system. Virago xv1100

PostAuthor: Grimstad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:31 am

Is there anybody that can help me with the switches highlighted in yellow on the diagram above?

Grimstad
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: XV 1100 97
Sex: Male

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
Old Engine Stop goes to Kill on the M unit.
Old Start Sw; I assume you mean the start button should go to Start on the input side of the M unit.
Old Main Sw/ you will need to define this a little better.
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province, and Country.
It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser,
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring
2007 Honda ST1300A
1987 Honda TLR200

PostAuthor: matty-o » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 am

Grimstad wrote:
bstig60 wrote:Aftermarket devices rarely work better or are easier than the stock setup the engineers designed and have proven to work on the model bike in question. Something "Universal" never is easier nor will it work better. The M unit is just a computerized switch to send signals to various components. IMHO the unit is totally unnecessary and is just something else to go wrong. Go to the Members tab and search for totallyredvirago, no spaces. You should be able to find his contact information there. I have sent him an email suggesting he contact you.

I understand. Now that I have bought it I really want to make it work.
Thank you very much for reaching out to him for me.

I have drawed up how I think i should connect everything. I know i miss som wired here and there but does this seems right on the picture below? What to I do with the old switches which are highlighted in yellow?

I went through this exact thing with my 750. I loved the idea of the keyless start feature, and a few of the other goodies that come with it. Necessary? Absolutely not. Is it a cool piece of kit. Absolutely. I say stick with it, you won’t regret it.

The M-button that you have in your diagram, is it this one - https://www.hurtlegear.com.au/motogadget-m-button/ ? If so, from memory I wired all of my switch controls into that and then it had the single wire running into the “Kill” port just like you have shown. I completely removed all original switches, diodes, etc from my setup, but I also have 3 button m-switch and I have set it up that a double tap of the start button is now the equivalent of the kill switch for me.

My bike has been in storage for a few months, the joys of buying a house/moving, but I’ll have a look around and see if I can find my diagram.

matty-o
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1994 Yamaha Virago VX750

Previous

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Virago Help - Electronics