Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Haynes Manual

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Haynes Manual

PostAuthor: Gabhaire » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Hey guys i'm doing a custom wiring harness for my xv1100 1995 bobber project but i'm having a little problem wiring the TCI module since my clymer's manual is in black and white and the only colored diagram i found for my bike is for the 1986, which doesn't have the same wiring color, and doesn't show the pinout of the plug. I was wondering if anyone of you knows where i could find the colored version of the virago haynes manual in pdf or paper i don't really minds but pdf should be cheaper. I don't really want to take guess and buy 10 copies for nothing only to find out they are in black and white.

Thanks!

Gabhaire
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1995 xv1100 Virago
Sex: Male

Re: Haynes Manual

PostAuthor: Jake » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm

I would like you to add your location to your profile. Some information is geographically specific, and the wiring harness is one of those things.

No need for anymore than country. You can add the state or province if you like, but not necessary.

To answer your question, you can find your wiring diagram here ----> http://www.viragotech.com/wiring/Indexofwiring.html

~Mark Twain
Jake
Mod
Mod

Location: Penn's Forestland otherwise known as Pennsylvania Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 XV750

PostAuthor: mark75 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 pm

and if you go "bare-bones" ---> viewtopic.php?f=140&t=43018
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

PostAuthor: Flyingdog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 am

Re: bare bones wiring diagram yamaha virago xv 1100

totallyredvirago wrote:the pressure switch wires and the pickup wires do not get touched.
using the hazard switch as a headlight switch as far as i know hasnt been done.
i do not know if the switch can handle the high headlight current. all you could do is try...........dan

Something came to mind after looking at the link Mark put up. This might be out there in left field, but important to keep in mind. The last line in TRV's post reminded me of reading that there is a very very small gauged link in the starter button assembly, that is very sensitive to current. Specially changing out the bulb or entire headlight assembly. I also found out, just because Virago's headlights cut-out when starting, doesn't necessarily mean the current is cut at this link. Which really doesn't make much sense..but electrical is magic voodoo, at times. I only mentioned this cuz your bobbing yer bike and probly/might change the headlight. Everything that's changed adds up and that link in the switch doesn't take much. I don't hear too many people mentioning about that link, but might be worth keep'n in mind. Wish I could find that article, it was interesting about various current demands at various points. Think it had something to do with converting to HID..and it's warnings. Which is also weird, as a HID setup draws less current that our stardard 55/60 headlight.

http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/electri ... -problems/
Flyingdog
Silver Membership
Silver Membership

Bike year & model: 1985 xv1000 Virago
1981 xv750 Virago

PostAuthor: Gabhaire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Jake wrote:I would like you to add your location to your profile. Some information is geographically specific, and the wiring harness is one of those things.

No need for anymore than country. You can add the state or province if you like, but not necessary.

To answer your question, you can find your wiring diagram here ----> http://www.viragotech.com/wiring/Indexofwiring.html

I'm from Canada and thanks for the link! finally some color that makes sense :)

Gabhaire
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

PostAuthor: Gabhaire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Gabhaire wrote:
Jake wrote:I would like you to add your location to your profile. Some information is geographically specific, and the wiring harness is one of those things.

I'm from Canada and thanks for the link! finally some color that makes sense :)

Actually something's strange, the bike has never been imported so i should have the same color as the us but i have the uk's version.

Gabhaire
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

PostAuthor: Gabhaire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Flyingdog wrote:Re: bare bones wiring diagram yamaha virago xv 1100

totallyredvirago wrote:the pressure switch wires and the pickup wires do not get touched.
using the hazard switch as a headlight switch as far as i know hasnt been done.
i do not know if the switch can handle the high headlight current. all you could do is try...........dan

Something came to mind after looking at the link Mark put up. This might be out there in left field, but important to keep in mind. The last line in TRV's post reminded me of reading that there is a very very small gauged link in the starter button assembly, that is very sensitive to current. Specially changing out the bulb or entire headlight assembly. I also found out, just because Virago's headlights cut-out when starting, doesn't necessarily mean the current is cut at this link. Which really doesn't make much sense..but electrical is magic voodoo, at times. I only mentioned this cuz your bobbing yer bike and probly/might change the headlight. Everything that's changed adds up and that link in the switch doesn't take much. I don't hear too many people mentioning about that link, but might be worth keep'n in mind. Wish I could find that article, it was interesting about various current demands at various points. Think it had something to do with converting to HID..and it's warnings. Which is also weird, as a HID setup draws less current that our stardard 55/60 headlight.

http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/electri ... -problems/

I'm indeed changing my headlight but the new one has lower wattage input so everything will be fine. Thanks though!

Gabhaire
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV1100