Forum Donations
Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Crow fatalities

Go to the club house if you got a joke you don't think should be in public view. [Nav box on left.]
  • Advertisement

Post a reply

Crow fatalities

PostAuthor: turbodog » Fri May 03, 2019 8:49 pm

.... saw this on FB, don't shoot the messenger....
The Arkansas D.O.T found over 200 dead crows on highways recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu.

The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with motorbikes, while only 2% were killed by cars.

The Agency then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of motorbike kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "bike"
'83 XV920 Virago "Spare Parts Bike" Now sidecar tug with Vetter Terraplane hack
'81 XV920R, Resto-mod, back on the operating table.
turbodog
Mod
Mod

Re: Crow fatalities

PostAuthor: Jake » Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 pm

The crows must have migrated from New England. :bg:

~Mark Twain

There is an old Chinese proverb - "Man with one watch knows the time. Man with two, not sure."
Jake
Mod
Mod

Location: Penn's Forestland otherwise known as Pennsylvania Flag
Bike year & model: 1996 XV750
Sex: Male

Re: Crow fatalities

PostAuthor: mark75 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:55 pm

case of Avian Flew too late?
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Clean'er Jokes