Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Cobra Slip on Muffler.

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Cobra Slip on Muffler.

PostAuthor: Eaglearm » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:11 am

Wahoooo, I finally managed to find a suitable muffler in my price range for my 2007, 1300 V-Star & installed it with ease.

Basically about 5 screws/bolts & a pair of cotton gloves to keep oily hand marks off the chromework & for less than $500 Aus delivered to the door a massive improvement all round. Very satisfying. :cl:

Some Allen keys, screwdriver & a socket set, together with about an hour of labour & jobs done. Any handy, Do it yourselfer can do this. :smoke: :drinks:

The result, from the standard 92 Decibel restricted muffler is a sensational improvement. Now I can actually hear the motor running without it being a neighbor hating thunder box coming down the road. :BFG:

Loud enough to know its a motorbike & alert inconsiderate drivers of your presence but not so loud that you need earplugs to have a comfortable ride... & I swear there actually is an increase in performance. :nos:

The original muffler @ 80 KPH ( a standard speed limit on lots of Victorian roads (Australia )) was incompatible with top gear cruising. The engine is sluggish, kangaroo hopping & farting in between pinging & under performance. :hair:
Now with the Cobra slipon muffler its so much smoother, the engine can actually breathe, runs a lot smoother cruises comfortably @ 80Kph ( even in top gear ) without labouring to accelerate & without having to use premium fuel to compensate for lack of performance. :wav: :gw:
What would you like here? Something smart or funny? How about a BIO of me.
I wanted to be a graphic artist and after 3 yrs training the lecturers told me to try singing. :thanks:
Eaglearm
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 2007 XV 250 Virago.
1300 V Star 2007
Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha XV1300