Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

84 VX1000 Parts help

• Advertisement

Post a reply

84 VX1000 Parts help

PostAuthor: Milk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums and this bike. Just got an 84 XV1000 the other day and can't wait to start fixing it up. I've been searching the internet for parts and oil and such. But I trust your guys judgement on whats best for the bike. I'm going to do a budget rebuild so whatever is the best I can get for not too much money that'd be great. I'm having a hard time finding the turn over/killswitch controls because mines busted. What oil do you recommend for the final drive and engine? Also what battery do you recommend. Thanks guys

Milk
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: 1984 Virago XV1000
Sex: Male

Re: 84 VX1000 Parts help

PostAuthor: mark75 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Howdy Milk.

Welcome to VTF.

probly least expensive to find one 'salvage' or a "tested survivor" -
new XV1000 not still available OEM, but Gen-II XV1100 is adaptable (but pricey) ---> https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam ... itch-lever

XVS? :con: prolly adaptable

Oil? what's yer favorite?
mine: Mobile-1 synthetic

final drive: hypoid 80-90 wt. IMO synthetic.
seems most are multi-weight now... GL-4 or GL-5
https://www.mobil.com/english-us/passen ... -ls-75w140

Batteries plus - Duracell has kept me going.
https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/m ... er-box-top
New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.
TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed. ... Mark Twain
mark75
Mod
Mod

Sex: Male

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV1000