Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

1st gen xv cafe fender mounting

• Advertisement

Post a reply

1st gen xv cafe fender mounting

PostAuthor: Newbie82 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:48 pm

I have found a fender that i can hack up that I like. Kicker is, how to mount the thing? I've seen builds with a rear fender but no one seems to go into depth about how they physically attached the thing. So my idea was to fab two "half moonish" mounts with holes drilled to fit over where the shock attaches to the swing arm and weld them to the fender. Ok so holding it up is solved but I'm pretty sure the fender will swing freely from the mounting point on the shock. I know my fender and build is unique to my situation but ideas come from other ideas that lead to other ideas and solutions so any ideas or direction to a build or forum topic are welcome. Thanks Doug

Newbie82
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 83 virago xv750
Sex: Male

Re: 1st gen xv cafe fender mounting

PostAuthor: mark75 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:20 pm

might flip through the "Choppers and Custom" forum???

we love pics.
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

'13 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
'82 - XV750

Time flies whether you're having fun __ :bike: ... or not ... :fan: ---
and --- Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez ... just roll safely

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

New Members Note- The site will allow full access (U/L, D/L, PM, etc) after your 5th post.

TIP: search the Knowledge Base Board Nav., Tech Articles, Tips, and Links for tricks, and Solutions...
the search may seem or feel ponderous, but it's worth the effort.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Re: 1st gen xv cafe fender mounting

PostAuthor: Newbie82 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:38 am

I have been for at least 3 years. No one talks or shows pics of this small talking point. Its just there wasn't a fender and now there is. So before i get to this part of my build ( slightly stoopid ) I thought I'd try to drum up some ideas for myself and anyone else but thank you for your response.

Newbie82
Senior Membership
Senior Membership

Bike year & model: 83 virago xv750

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Motorcycle Fabrication / Welding Shop