Search
VTF Google Search
 Click Here

Hi from Sofia,Bulgaria with '83 XV920MK

• Advertisement

Post a reply

Re: Hi from Sofia,Bulgaria with '83 XV920MK

PostAuthor: mark75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:10 pm

I think all internal-combustion engines run at about the same temps (only each has its own cooling issues) ...

I hear ya'. our "regular" is 87?-89? octane, and "premium" is ~95? (octane ratings may be calculated differently) :con: but either of the higher is more expensive (I reckon)
100 octane is only available here in aviation fuel (avgas, and even more expensive)

I save/use my "old" gas by draining/collecting it and mix it 50/50 with fresh for the lawnmower or car. :naughty:
"Over the Mountains of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride" ... E.A. Poe

Time flies >>> whether you're having fun __ :bike: or not :fan: ---

Any day above ground is a good day.
so Laissez les bon temps roulez. just roll safely --- Semper Vigilans...always watchful

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." ... Confucius*

If you don't read the news you are not informed.
If you read the news you are misinformed.
... Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily represent views and opinions of other VTF members, so feel free to agree, disagree, or ignore them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mark75
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1982 - XV750
2013 - FXDC Super Glide Custom
Sex: Male

Re: Hi from Sofia,Bulgaria with '83 XV920MK

PostAuthor: ivogiev » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:52 pm

SKF are not replying , but SNR which I bought have the following information online:

https://www.ntn-snr.com/sites/default/files/2019-07/doc.i_snrdgbb_arg1.gba-29-07-19.pdf

-40 Degrees C to 120 Degrees C , which should be OK. I bought the rubber sealed version, but will remove both seals.
Will ride my bike a bit before that and when seasons finishes will probably deal with that upgrade.
Also will order the long drilled bolt through which the oil passes , because I understand there is an upgraded design with bigger hole.
Maybe will order the upgraded in design rocker arm shafts in the heads.

ivogiev
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Bike year & model: 1983 XV920K
Sex: Male

Previous

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV920