VTF Google Search
 Click Here

which Mikuni kit supplier?

• Advertisement

Post a reply

which Mikuni kit supplier?

PostAuthor: perezreyes » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Greetings my fellow Viragers

Recently took on the challenge to convert a 1982 XV750 into a reliable and fun to drive cool looking bike (hate the term cafe racer). For me is more the feel and reliability than the looks, besides the V block and mono are handsome AF, its just a matter of improving the weak points and fitting your ride style and needs

Im starting with the Carburetor, after doing as much research as Ive could, I have decided to avoid the hassle of reconstructing and jetting the stock carbs and go for a Mikuni 38mm dual kit

I found Mikuni OZ from Australia and i wanted to ask you guys for your opinions both the supplier and the quality of the carbs, or if you have other supplier options or any imput

thank you
Last edited by perezreyes on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perezreyes
Brand New
Brand New

Bike year & model: 1982 XV750
Sex: Male

Re: which Mikuni kit supplier?

PostAuthor: bstig60 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:09 am

There are a number of suppliers in the states. Problem with AU is the cost of shipping can be as much as the parts..... I would look to your North for the carb and manifold... I assume you plan on going with a single carb.... Search this site using the google search, there are tons of threads on the subject.
Bill
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Please take the time to edit your profile to show your location. City, State/Province and Country. It is easier to help you if we know where you are.

SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD LINK
http://viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=31501#p279545

bstig60
Mod
Mod

Bike year & model: 1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100LC Cruiser,
1982 Yamaha Seca XJ750RJ w/factory touring package (sold)
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Touring
2007 Honda ST1300A

Re: which Mikuni kit supplier?

PostAuthor: fricks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:39 pm

Im from Australia and was on the phone with the guys at Mikuni OZ earlier this week. Very knowledgeable and very helpful.

One thing they mentioned to me is all their kits are jetted for Australian fuel. I would keep this in mind as you may be better off buying a kit from a north American supplier
1981 XV750 Virago

fricks
Junior Membership
Junior Membership

Flag
Bike year & model: -1981 xv750 Virago

Post a reply

• Advertisement

Return to Yamaha Virago XV750